• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII:April, 3DMark03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Be careful leaving that ramdisk icon laying around in the open. It's prohibited in most HWB benches. ;)

Thank You Sir.
I had informed Techjessa that I would be using my Folding At Home server for his " Dual GPU run of '03.

Regarding that OS restrictions, I don't think it should matter in this competition. Win8 is not changing anything in this bench. Problems were mainly in some ( single ) CPU tests.
I just don't think we should make all users to reinstall their systems only to participate in OCF competitions. This is OCF , not hwbot and I know it's easier to just take rules from hwbot as most of them are clear and functional but I think we can make some exceptions, especially when they're not affecting our forum ranking.
It's more about having fun overclocking than fight with rules like system restrictions.

Personally if I had one, daily pc ( as most forum members ) then I wouldn't reinstall it only to post one result.

Regarding that OS restrictions, I don't think it should matter in this competition. Win8 is not changing anything in this bench. Problems were mainly in some ( single ) CPU tests.
I just don't think we should make all users to reinstall their systems only to participate in OCF competitions. This is OCF , not hwbot and I know it's easier to just take rules from hwbot as most of them are clear and functional but I think we can make some exceptions, especially when they're not affecting our forum ranking.
It's more about having fun overclocking than fight with rules like system restrictions.

Personally if I had one, daily pc ( as most forum members ) then I wouldn't reinstall it only to post one result.

As it is listed currently, this is to follow HWBot rules. Until Johan changes it then that's what has to be followed.

Don't quote me on this but I do believe this had come up last month or the month before ..... I think ...... one of the new guys had posted with windows 8 and this was brought up. Pretty sure it was stated that while the score would not be valid for HWBot submission it was fine here. I am sure Johan when he pops on later will be able to comment.

Don't quote me on this but I do believe this had come up last month or the month before ..... I think ...... one of the new guys had posted with windows 8 and this was brought up. Pretty sure it was stated that while the score would not be valid for HWBot submission it was fine here. I am sure Johan when he pops on later will be able to comment.
Ahh, ok. If that is the case, the rules here should probably be changed to reflect that info...

That said, part of the point of this is for boints, getting new people involved so sticking to the hwbot rules seems the most logical to me.

This came up a couple months back, I'm not too picky about anyone who's not normally a bencher using Win8 for these marathon competitions. The idea here is to have some fun and get some new blood out and playing. But anyone interested in joining the team does need to use Win7 for any submissions at HWBot.

Witchdoctor / GTX 480 / 1x / ln2 / 141131

Wow, I suck at this bench on variety of levels , This is as good as I can do with this POS card :(

03 480 GTX.png

Bad card but somehow I lost 200 TPP in last 2 weeks ;) ... each time when I'm close to 6k I lose 200-500 TPP ...

I only have a lot of problems to bench anything. Or hardware issues like overheating ( which I can't really solve because of laptop design ), or incompatibility or hardware simply dies ... all what I posted this week after passing 3 different rigs is worth like 10 TPP and maybe 2 hardware points.

I hear ya, it can be frustrating at times

Keep fighting the good fight bro,

GTX 470 up next for me , hope it is a decent clocker

Stuck going to Kansas City for work, Won't be able to play with it until I get back :(

already prepared to lose 20 TPP on this one ... lost all other points some time ago :p

I can't get this to run... computer dies in the middle of the run. I even reset everything cmos/drivers everything and it still won't pass the benchmark, just dies and restarts half way through??

Back