• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VI September: Cinebench R15

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Yeah I know a bit late but better than never right? September always seems to sneak up so fast and this isn't the first time I've been caught with my pants down ha ha. The Team Cup is in full swing right now so I picked something fairly quick and easy and will also be using their wallpaper just in case any of you feel like pitching in. There are a ton of categories so just about any hardware will help.
Just an FYI there has been an update to the submission rules for Cinebench because of some cheaters. The full CB window must be visible no CPU tabs covering the image and they want higher resolution pics. This is the only way to tell if the bench has been tampered with.
What: Cinebench R15
Who: any forum member
CPU: any CPU
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends: September 30, 12 Midnight EST
Background: Use supplied background
Download :Cinebench R15 Rules
Full Competition Rules: Here
I would also like this format used at the top of your post please UserName/CPU/Cooling/ Score

BACKGROUND

AMD

Johan45/ R7 1700X/ H2O/ 1943
LRG5/R7 1700X/Water/1871
LRG5/ R7 1700X/Water/ 1850
mackerel/R7 1700/water/1827
bassnut / R7 1700X / Water / 1771
Johan45/R5 1600x/ AIR/ 1257
CADDI DADDI|amd fx9590|water|792
Kenrou / FX-8370 / Air / 751
DPG3456/fx 6300/ h115i/ 599

INTEL

jiccman1965/7900X/LN2/2773
Johan45/i9 7900X/ H2O/ 2678
Earthdog/7900X/H20/2326
spiritedandy/7800X/H20/1635
mackerel/7800X/water/1579
CADDI DADDI|I5 4690K|H2o|652

Last edited:
DPG3456/fx 6300/ h115i/ 599

Screenshot (17).png

This is windows 10 and a 2 month old edition of cinebench, does this violate rules?

Last edited:
I really should join in to these things... question on rules: can I enter both AMD and Intel categories? Can I post multiple submissions per class, OR edit a previous post e.g. if I get a better score later on. Or do I have to wait until I think I have reached my limit and make a single submission?

Edit: ok, it helps if I read the full rules, so I can't enter both categories. Question on if I can add or update submissions remains open.

Last edited:
You can enter both categories.

You should post your high sclre when you are done for the day. Update with a new post if you beat the score.

As far aa versions.. cine15 is cine15.

Johan45/R5 1600x/ AIR/ 1257
I'd just like to point out that all three of those previous screenshots wouldn't be allowed at HWBot any longer. The render has to be fully visible like this

cb15 1257.JPG

CADDI DADDI|amd fx9570|water|792

just how well do you expect a file storage box to do?
I just made a deal on an I5 4690K and overclock formula board that will replace this kit as a storage box......

Attachments

• 792.PNG
    792.PNG
    369.6 KB · Views: 389
You can enter both categories.

From the rules thread:
- Only allowed to compete in either the AMD or Intel division any given month (can't try and win both divisions in the same month)

Maybe I misread that, taking it to mean I can only do one or the other.

I just looked through my old posts, I think I've got higher scores out of my Ryzen rig so I'll revisit that and see what it does under "benching" voltages...

mackerel/R7 1700/water/1827

That'll do. Even going up to 1.50v I couldn't stabilise 4025 so I'm stopping here. Now let's see if I can figure out hwbot...

edit: I note the forum software has resized my image down a lot. If preferred, I could replace it with a crop of just the important parts
edit 2: looks like win10 and Ryzen are not allowed on hwbot so I'm never going to do my 1st submission there... I'm not installing Win7 just for this.

cb15-1827.png

Last edited:
From the rules thread:

Maybe I misread that, taking it to mean I can only do one or the other.

I just looked through my old posts, I think I've got higher scores out of my Ryzen rig so I'll revisit that and see what it does under "benching" voltages...
that is for hwbot, not here. :)

Windows 10 OK ? ...... Will try and find time later if I can I am in the middle of milling a huge Pine tree, this is the second weekend on this project and 12 to 14 hour workdays don't help anything but my wallet.

Yes Win10 is OK just a heads-up though, Win10 and Ryzen can spit out some skewed results. So if you think it's too good to be true it probably is.
- Only allowed to compete in either the AMD or Intel division any given month (can't try and win both divisions in the same month)
I'm not overly sticky on the rules you can compete in both but only win one category

Johan45/ R7 1700X/ H2O/ 1943

1943.JPG

EDIT: I see the pic upload broke somewhere along the line will fix this tonight.

Last edited:
ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 13 15.19.png

Yeah-Yeah,I know, missed the background :)
But since I am fed up for not being able to bench, since the HWBOT captain Christian Ney hates my guts and was looking for a reason to ban me, here is something
for fun.

Soo, FastTRACK, banned ( !!! ), but still dedicated team member till the time comes for the ban to be lifted.

Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7 - latest bios.
Threadripper 1950X on ambient custom water cooling setup ( D5 - triple XSPC RX480 rad + EKWB full surface water block ).

CBR15 - 3683.

An amazing cpu, running at 4.2ghz on water with 1.45V locked in the bios ( cpu-z reports 1.47 ).
4 X 8gb Galax Hall of Fame sticks running at 3600 / 14-14-14-28-1T with pretty tight seconds and thirds, with 1.60V.

That is it folks.

Wish I was not banned and could put this baby on cold.
We would be amazed.

Regards to all.
Stay cool :)

- - - Updated - - -

May I add that temps stay under any benchmark at or below 76c. !!!

I'd say that's a hell of a score Fasttrack. Looks like a really sweet CPU for sure. I guess AMD wasn't kidding when they said they used the "best" silicon for TR

Back