• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VI September: Cinebench R15

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am pretty damn sure that this baby would easily do at least 5.3ghz with cold juice ( LN2 ), full pot.
Probably around 4700 points CBR15.
Only severe drawback is the absence ( for the moment ) of XOC bios, which limits mem speed to 2666 ( at best ), under -20c.
2400 - 12-12-12-22-1T is the best bet on cold.
Not good compared to Intel, which plays nice ball with mems.
BUT, 1000$ compared to 1700$ for 7960X, is also one hell of a difference for a mere 5-6% lower overall potential.

Good work AMD. Finally... :)

Not sure about TR but that coldbug IMC on Ryzen is quite CPU dependent. The last one I benched full pot at 3300 first one was 2933

Not sure about TR but that coldbug IMC on Ryzen is quite CPU dependent. The last one I benched full pot at 3300 first one was 2933

Probably you are right Shawn.
TR not tested yet on cold, so no feedback from this sample yet.
The database at the BOT, indicates that the 3 top scores with LN2 on TR, were done with mems running at 2133 ( !!! ), 2400 and 2600.

I also have a golden ( platinum rather ) R7-1800X, which on a Giga K7, on dice was unable to go beyond 2666 at 14-14-1T.
Same cpu runs BEAUTIFULLY at 4.275ghz with 1.475Vcore and 1.275Vsoc on the same water setup.
IMC ???
3733 - 12-12-12-28-1T with tight as hell seconds and thirds. Just keep it above -20.

All in all, not really such a big deal, considering the fact that neither Ryzen nor TR are suitable processors for SPI.

This is the CPU I was talking about. I am starting to think that core count makes a difference on mem speed when cold but that's just supposition. IMC is the memory controller. http://hwbot.org/submission/3561220_johan45_cinebench___r11.5_ryzen_5_1600x_20.19_points

I know what IMC is, lol.
I was just saying that my Ryzen has a very strong IMC.
Saw your submission.
Impressive mem speed for LN2.

On a totally side note, Gigabyte has made huge steps forward.
Both of my AMD boards ( K7 and X399 Gaming 7 ) have amazed me.
Extremely stable, very powerful vrm's which by the way stay very cool even under extreme stress.
No Vdroop ( measured with high accuracy voltmeter ).

An excellent alternative ( to say the least ) to crosshair VI and Zenith.

Seems I was a bad boy and downloaded too much this month .... My ISP has me on cripple speed for the month finally got a non corrupt download with my cell phone. Not sure if I will be able to follow up .... wee'll see here's my best for now

bassnut / R7 1700X / Water / 1771

1771_2.png

The score would be consistent with around 5.0 GHz, give or take a bit. Thought CPU-z reports max multiplier though, but 45x is a bit low for the score I think. Am I close?

Probably you are right Shawn.
TR not tested yet on cold, so no feedback from this sample yet.
The database at the BOT, indicates that the 3 top scores with LN2 on TR, were done with mems running at 2133 ( !!! ), 2400 and 2600.

I also have a golden ( platinum rather ) R7-1800X, which on a Giga K7, on dice was unable to go beyond 2666 at 14-14-1T.
Same cpu runs BEAUTIFULLY at 4.275ghz with 1.475Vcore and 1.275Vsoc on the same water setup.
IMC ???
3733 - 12-12-12-28-1T with tight as hell seconds and thirds. Just keep it above -20.

All in all, not really such a big deal, considering the fact that neither Ryzen nor TR are suitable processors for SPI.

I couldn't pass ~2400 on my 1700X on SS and temps were barely below 0°C under load. Even at ~+15 I couldn't pass 2666 while 3200+ runs fine on any typical air cooler. My 1700X on cold was total waste of time. Scores in generally everything were worse than Shawn made on water and ~200MHz lower clock on his CPU.

Nice chip :thup: I wish to play with TR but won't spend money on that :p ... 7900X cost me too much already ... I just think that TR as a platform has no future. It's great now but AMD will switch to new chipset/socket in not far future. The same AM4 will be replaced soon ( there were already rumours about new chips just after Ryzen premiere ). Also on the Intel side it doesn't look good. Z270 is really disappointing and I'm not sure what to do with ASUS APEX which I was barely benching and it won't support new processors. New board, new chipset and barely any changes ? ... everything seems stupid right now. Every platform is somehow disappointing.

Btw. I guess that more and more people hate hwbot recently and many go inactive. Most of those who keep benching for rankings are people who are sponsored ( free samples, reviews etc ) or work for some companies. It's like pure marketing recently and all is about the money. Stick to OCF and our local competitions as it's more fun and I can't see anyone complaining :) Well, some sponsoring would help at least to get prizes from time to time.

Sorry for quite long offtopic ... maybe I will post something soon :p

Last edited:
Here is a run I Mad for the Pro Cup

3006.png

Think it was at 1.5 volts, need to de-lid even at -90 still few hot cores.

...annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd still didn't answer what his clocks were for the run here.

I take it HWbot doesn't care if you show idle clocks in your SS? I know here it doesn;t, but its good to know for those comparing! (*raises hand)

I think around 5GHZ and I did not post it to HWBOT, it was just for this Comp.
...annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd still didn't answer what his clocks were for the run here.

I take it HWbot doesn't care if you show idle clocks in your SS? I know here it doesn;t, but its good to know for those comparing! (*raises hand)

I didnt say you posted it there. I jsed it as a reference. I was just surprised to see an idle cpuz ss posted.

Johan45/R5 1600x/ AIR/ 1257
I'd just like to point out that all three of those previous screenshots wouldn't be allowed at HWBot any longer. The render has to be fully visible like this

Shawn, why did hbot go to that rule?

Johan45/R5 1600x/ AIR/ 1257
I'd just like to point out that all three of those previous screenshots wouldn't be allowed at HWBot any longer. The render has to be fully visible like this

Shawn, why did hbot go to that rule?

People were substituting the render file in the program with something much easier to process. This was improving scores considerably and the only way they could tell was to examine the final image very closely. They alsoi ask that you upload as a high quality .png file.
In a nutshell some cheating you know whats wrecked it for everyone else again.

I am more than sure than it is not the right thread to discuss, or even bring up such sh*t, but since Woomack elaborated on my comments,
just a couple of things...
Indeed active members at the BOT are only some Rookies and Pros for money, promo and advertisement.
The spirit and soul is gone.
And when the spirit and soul disappear from anything in life, it is only a matter of time for things to get ugly.

Platforms -
Intel and AMD

Current technology and processing in big producers, does not allow for any breathtaking HW to be released.
Z270 was an ugly joke, bought an Apex, put it on Dice and could not find the slightest improvement over my "old and trusted" Impact VIII.

Returned it to Amazon in 3 days and never bothered again.
Bigger even joke is Kabylake-X. Did anyone understand the reason of their existence over Kabylake ?

The big picture shows companies on semi-panic mode, presenting "new" HW every 6 months with small to ZERO improvements against "old".

RGB lighting is the name of the game for boards and VGA's, connectivity and other peripherals, which are good ( haha ), but not important to benching.

It looks like a dead end for the moment at least.
Hope for the better :)

I bench everything I find interesting and some stuff I can test at work but most of these interesting platforms are useless for hardware rankings or not worth my time to bench it for 2 weeks to get 5 hardware points. New rev of hwbot is even worse and is mainly giving points to those who take part in competitions where choice is limited and usually based on what vendors need.

one more offtopic ... maybe I will still post at least one result before end of this month ;)

Back