• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System hangs up first thing in the morning, then is fine after that...help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flyers13F

So, my issue is that I get a screen freeze within 5 minutes of booting up in the morning (I've been shutting down every night). After I restart (sometimes the system automatically restarts), the system runs great the rest of the day! Also, all stress tests (CPU, memory, graphics) run great for hours using both OCCT and Aida64. I have been running the CPU at 5.1 and the memory at 4020-17-18-18-39 (I can't get to the full 4400 with all 4 slots filled on this motherboard, but can easily filling only 2 slots). I can't for the life of me figure out what would cause this. Here are the main components that I have in my system:

Intel 10900KF processor
Patriot Viper Steel memory (32G, all 4 slots filled)
MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi motherboard
MSI RX 5700 XT OC MECH graphics card
Corsair H150i Pro XT AIO 360mm CPU cooler
Corsair 750W power supply

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome!

Exactly what 750W Corsair PSU do you have?

As far as the memory, first, it isn't worth it to push further, second, 4 slots and 4400 memory isn't likely to happen. Too much stress on the IMC (and again , little point in doing so).

The Corsair power supply is the CX750M.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The bios and all drivers are completely up-to-date.

Do you run anti-virus? Is it a result of a first boot scan? Or maybe backup software kicking off... check event viewer logs and task scheduler to see what tasks happen at boot or login for clues

Back