• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished modding my Armor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
I wanted to have some fun over Spring break, so I planned a computer mod (I'm a geek, shoot me:)). I hate seeing cables in computers and I knew this weekend would give me enough time to fix this "problem" I had with my case.

The entire inside of the case, note that the cables go BEHIND the motherboard through holes that I cut on the motherboard tray.

IMG_0635.jpg

The bottom of the case, I had to add rollers to give clearance and breathing room for the radiator. This is how my radiator is mounted, rad on the outside, fans on the inside.
IMG_0636.jpg

External pics.
IMG_0637.jpg

From the bottom.
IMG_0638.jpg

Comments or questions are welcomed!

Thideras

EDIT: Updated the pics...

Last edited:
Very nice! Just hope the warrm air blowing out the bottom doesn't warp your desktop! LOL Looks great!! two thumbs up

jimmsch said:
Very nice! Just hope the warrm air blowing out the bottom doesn't warp your desktop! LOL Looks great!! two thumbs up

It won't, because the air pulls up through the case :bday:!

I might be a bit worried about the left connection on the t-line. It doesn't seem to have much holding it on. Otherwise, looks great.

Knacko said:
I might be a bit worried about the left connection on the t-line. It doesn't seem to have much holding it on. Otherwise, looks great.
Never really looked at that before you mentioned that. The barbs are made for a bigger ID than what im using. You have to force them on to get it on that far!! :bday::bday:

Nice to see you found a place for the rad. I would of have nevr guessed to mount it there. Nice job, i might move my 120.2 down there instead of the front.

OCnewbee said:
Nice to see you found a place for the rad. I would of have nevr guessed to mount it there. Nice job, i might move my 120.2 down there instead of the front.
A 120.2 would fit perfectly there, but I like how my 120.3 is directly below the video card (8800GTS) and blowing cool air on it.

Last edited:
Interesting approach! Nice job fitting a 3x120mm in there, it looks cool raised up with the wheels (underlighting, anyone?).

Make sure you clean it often!

Springbok said:
Interesting approach! Nice job fitting a 3x120mm in there, it looks cool raised up with the wheels (underlighting, anyone?).

Make sure you clean it often!
I was totally thinking of that!! I'll get some the next time I order anything!

In the meantime, I have a free set next to me that I have yet to put in, I'll see what it looks like.

thideras said:
Never really looked at that before you mentioned that. The barbs are made for a bigger ID than what im using. You have to force them on to get it on that far!! :bday::bday:

Dip the ends of the pipe in hot water for a few minutes, makes em easy to push on, and when it cools it will go real tight. Love the hidden wires by the way, and that deep blue colour of the water is nice :drool:

Murdochs_mad said:
Dip the ends of the pipe in hot water for a few minutes, makes em easy to push on, and when it cools it will go real tight. Love the hidden wires by the way, and that deep blue colour of the water is nice :drool:
Yeah those are blue UV reactive tubes if I'm not mistaken, I just got some green ones for my rig.

Murdochs_mad said:
Thanks! Actually, the water is a light green...the tubes are blue...lol

Here is the link

Springbok said:
Yeah those are blue UV reactive tubes if I'm not mistaken, I just got some green ones for my rig.
Yup!

Updating the thread to show what the motherboard tray looks like:

IMG_0628.jpg

I really hate showing that pic, but it might inspire some creativity!!

Happy modding!

Thideras

Last edited:
Captain Helghas said:
So it vacuums your desk as well? Doesn't seem like the best idea. Why'd you choose to pull the air into the case?

Cold air across the 8800GTS...:sn: :cool:

Back