• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 770 SC 3 Way SLI- Temp. Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkSouls

Registered
Evening Kids,

I just upgraded my rig with 3 X EVGA's 770 SC cards with the ACX coolers (Replacing my 3 X 670's FTW which will go to my brother as always). Have to say, I was really existed when EVGA decided to use some damn nice dual fans on their cards.

Nevertheless, I was really surprised/gutted when I started testing the cards on some of the games that I'm playing currently (The list is just too long but mainly BioShock Infinite, The Witcher 2, Tomb Raider ..etc).

The card temperatures rocketed to 97 C's 15 m's or so in the game (Idle around 29 C's) for the first time since I started sli'ing and I've been doing that for a long time.

I've been doing tones of reading about high temp's playing the game that I've just mentioned but still we can't keep on blaming the games for bad SLI compatibility and drivers issues .. etc

My case is well ventilated (Cosmos II) and I never had this problem with my 670's in 3 way sli and the room temp never goes above 19C's - air-conditioned.

My questions are as follows :

1- Anyone else having this problem with the cards and please guys i don't water cool and I will never will do that I'm just too clumsy to play with water

2- Can anyone advise if the Arctic Accelero Xtreme III is an actual dual slot cooler as I'm thinking of getting them instead of the existing stock coolers

Please help guys

Cheers

DS

Do you have a side fan?

Problem here is that the cards don't have room to breathe. Reference style coolers are typically better for SLI since they don't dump the hot air on the next card in line.

they are the SC version which are factory OC'ed

Just making sure you didn't push them farther, which would cause more heat.

I'm out of ideas for now. In my opinion, you're just starving the cards for good air since the cards just dump their hot air right back into the case instead of pushing it out the back.

If the bottom card is noteably cooler, then its the physical orientation of the cards causing the issue.

Thnx for the help guys ..

so I will try two things, first will add another fan to blow air from the front of the case and will lower the cards no 2 and 3 to leave some space for card no1 to breath and use a 4 way sli bridge instead of the 3 and will post the results

If that doesn't work, will look into the accelro fans as they provide much more air flow as the stock fans have the same mechanics and keep the air in the case

man my sig. is waaaay to old

will update that as well

Post them on hwbot.org for the overclockers.com benching team and drop links :thup:

Edit: If the board won't support it, sounds like a good excuse for a GPU loop :D

Put the picture of your rig onto the HWBot submission, it'll get more points.

Back