• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.1A or 1.2 celeron tualatin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Buy tB1 Celeron Chips Only

Buy tB1 Celeron Chips Only

You can buy with strategy something like this:

Buy Celeron 1.0A IF you aim super high FSB beyond 150 (this set up required a stable mobo, good quality SDRAM, and other high quality components to tolerate beyond spec AGP & PCI frequency).

Buy Celeron 1.2A or 1.3A IF you currently have average components. Average components are not designed to tolerate high frequency, so you probably running around 133 FSB to 140 FSB. For example, if you own tB1 Celeron 1.3A x 133 FSB = 1.733MHz

So up to you now....

yeah it was that one spd. well i dont run that anymore cuz i did that memory bandwidth test and it ran pretty slow. so now im running cas2 with blank interleave at 2. that was the fastest setup, all the other settings had slow scores. but its all good..... oh and i found out the memory i have its a micron. are they any good? i didnt get a chance to try to boot up without the pci cards cuz my girlfriend doesnt like it when im on the computer allot.....heehee....

well im planning to give my system to my parents cuz there in dieing need of a new pc. i believe there running a p2 300 or something. so i can save up to get a P4 some time after new years or even christmas. hoping the prices go down. thx for the input though i totally appreciate it, but ill try to hit 160 b4 giving it up....heehe :D

micron do make good memory chips, but not all memory chips are created equal, as i'm sure you know.

generally, generic micron ram isn't too bad. a bit like hynix.
i have some sticks of both that will do 145fsb@CAS3.
the hynix is rated for 133@CAS3 (and 100@CAS2) and the micron is rated for 133@CAS3 (and 83@CAS2). i've also had them both running 133@CAS2. that's what they're currently at.

others have reported much better results. (you being one of them :p ) so it's really just pot luck with these types of ram.

Back