• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.33 AXIA replaced by XP1900...worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

Would it be worth an upgrade from a AthlonT-bird 1.33 running at 1.53g to a XP1900? My CPU is running a little hot these days overclocking. I was thinking of getting an XP1900 cus they run cooler and are faster then the old Tbirds. I also have WinXP, so I was wondering if the XP1900 runs faster on WinXP.

Forgot to mention, my temps are running as high as 51c when its warmer in the house playing games and I occasionally get booted to restart. I think due to the CPU having to much heat. I have a blow-hole on my case and a fan on the side blowing cooler air into the case and toward the CPU. I also have a rear fan blowing air out the back including my PSU fan.

The XP will definately run faster. You will notice a significant change in performance. It isn't so much MHz as it is those extra instructions in the XP that will make a difference. And they do run cooler also. Not like 20° cooler, but I personally think it would be worth it.

Back