• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2407-HC, Pics and Console Hook-ups, 56k Warning!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for sharing. Dell was my first choice too. Now Im sitting and waiting to see whats going on. I wonder if those issues are shipping related. I have a friend who works for UPS and he told me once that they throw stuff all over and not really care about the handling.

Thanks for sharing. Dell was my first choice too. Now Im sitting and waiting to see whats going on. I wonder if those issues are shipping related. I have a friend who works for UPS and he told me once that they throw stuff all over and not really care about the handling.
They ship DHL, product quality is insured by them (aka: no damaged merchandise).

-Mobious-

Thats good to know. I was just watching Gateway's FPD2485W's Ghosting issue.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Gateway+FPD2485W

Dell 2407Fpw-hc

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dell+2407fpw+ghosting

BenQ FP241W: No Ghosting issues??? But Suffers blackouts
Gotta love how if you search for "2407WFP-HC" on Google, the video I made is still the first result: http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=8&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

-Mobious-

I just wanted to report back after actually trying to identify ghosting by moving a light object over a dark grey background. There is definitely some ghosting occuring. I tried it on a 2005FPW, 2007WFP, and 1907FP, all of which produced no detectable ghosted images (that I could see).

I'm somewhat disappointed by this but so far I haven't noticed the ghosting during normal use or while gaming so I'm just gonna live with it and try not to think about it.

Its imperial march btw =) or darthvader theme hehe.

Are you sure that the E248WFP is not just gonna be the 2407-hc but without the HD hook ups?

any words on the best 24 inch with HD hook ups? does the 27 inch also have ghosting problems?

Are you sure that the E248WFP is not just gonna be the 2407-hc but without the HD hook ups?

any words on the best 24 inch with HD hook ups? does the 27 inch also have ghosting problems?
The E248WFP is one of their "budget" models; lower price w/ less goodies. This means only DVI and VGA hookups, no more component, composite, svideo, USB ports or media card reader,and it has an all-black finish. That, and it's a TN panel rated at 5ms, not the other panel thats in the current 2407WFP-HC. However, they claim 92% color like the HC but on a TN panel??? ATM, I do concur with your question imposter: what is the best 24" monitor with DVI/VGA/Component??? I haven't heard much about the 27", but then again, I don't have an extra $600 sitting around :p.

-Mobious-

I sat pouring over 24" monitors for over a week, and thanks to Mobious you saved me from making a mistake with the Dell 2407WFP-HC. The sad thing is, there is really a hole in the market for a good quality 24" monitor now. The BenQ has decent performance reviews, but there are documented cases of black-outs on those monitors using DVI-D.

I needed a WG panel for accurate color reproduction as my gf is into Digital Photography. We also want a quick response panel for the gaming that I do. Here is where the market really needs some work.

In the end I just pulled the trigger today on the Dell 3007WFP-HC. Despite the gargantuan size, it seems best in nearly every aspect of what we are trying to accomplish. Its a Wide Gammut S-IPS, LED backlit panel, with a rock solid overdrive to keep the response time low. With the quality comes a price though.. fortunately Dell just put it on sale for ~$1100.

Still, I honestly wish I could have chosen a 24" version with all the same technical advantages (WG S-IPS, LED backlit, etc) as the 30". I am sure I will enjoy this monitor, but Dell needs to get their **** together and produce a quality LCD in the lower sizes. TN panels are great for speed, but their color reproduction sucks.

I will let you guys know how it turns out when it finally arrives. :thup:

I have to say I LOVE my gateway, the fact it's a TN panel doesn't bother me anymore, but there was an adjustment period. the colors and brightness on this thing (FHP2400 or something like that) are STELLAR. Every single time I load A game it's just a "WOW" effect.

It does have some bad backlight bleeding but still lovin it strong, and as far as ghosting goes I notice none, but to some people it may be there.

Back