• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

240mm Rad for a Corsair 250D WITH 5 1/4in drive tray

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiggygore

Hi guys, Im going really overkill on fans in a Corsair 250D but theres one problem, the h100i v2 I choose has very thick and hard to move tubing and its impossible to get the motherboard in there without the I/O digging into the tubes heavily.
Photos -
So Im hoping you guys would be able to help me find either a thinner radiator, a one with smaller tubing, or one that could fit with the tubing in the tiny space between the 5 1/4in drive tray and the wall. I also need it to be fairly durable and low maintenance because this computer will be with me on the road. Thanks for any help you can provide!

NOTE - I have no experience with soft tubing or hard tubing. This is only my second build so I might need some explanations of things.

- MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC MINI ITX LGA 1151
- Corsair 250D Mini-Itx Case
- 3 Delta 120mm fans
- 2 Delta 80mm fans
- Lamptron CF525 Fan Controller

I cant Alaric, the tubes are too thick and have such little bend I cant squeeze them in next to the 5 1/4in drive tray.

it looks like your either going to have to lose the drive bay or mount your h100i externally :(

Corsair has this on their site for the 250D. Other than using zip ties to hold the tubing away from the I/O area, I don't see a solution.

250D_Close_up_hydro_series_install.png

It looks like you easily have enough room to flip the barbs on the rad to the front of the case . The tubes are stronger than you think . they aren't hard pipes its flex tube .

It looks like you easily have enough room to flip the barbs on the rad to the front of the case . The tubes are stronger than you think . they aren't hard pipes its flex tube .

Are you sure? You are the only person thats told me that they are strong enough. It would be a nearly 90 degree bend.

Are you sure? You are the only person thats told me that they are strong enough. It would be a nearly 90 degree bend.

Yeah, they'll bend, but won't kink. Tubing on those AIO's are pretty stiff, so you'll have to work around that. Don't be afraid to bend them to where you want them to go. Hell you might even get them to go 'U' turn.

Try mounting the block first with the rad outside lose, then maneuver the rad to it's location.

Back