• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2D on E6600 Tonight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hopefully your data survivied even if the chip died. would be a shame to lose a 19 point spi run

i'll submit that later tonight. it will be easy to hook it up to my gaming rig.. no worries on my boints! i just want my chip :)!

check that out. looks like when i let the pot warm up i got a little moisture in the socket. don't think that caused the damage though, it was obviously my stupidity leaving the rig unattended :bang head:

Never warm the pot up with a running system. Any ice that snuck in will melt and get things wet.

You may get lucky, dry that sucker out and try again.

Never warm the pot up with a running system. Any ice that snuck in will melt and get things wet.

You may get lucky, dry that sucker out and try again.

i let it warm up without the power to the system. but today i did power up the system, unaware of the moisture in the socket.. so that was a scare!

i let it warm up without the power to the system. but today i did power up the system, unaware of the moisture in the socket.. so that was a scare!

Same thing really, any ice that melted will still be liquid, there isn't any airflow for it to evaporate into.

whats the best way of throwing the stock heatsink on with the insulation still in place, is it doable? :shrug: i don't want to tear down the insulation, but i want to test the processor on air.

Pull the CPU out, dry the socket, put the CPU back, remount the pot, put a fan on it, and do it to it.

note on how not to insulate: i guess the eraser didn't do good enough! next time its going to get a layer of conformal! i sure am glad i didn't do ln2 this session, i can only imagine what it would have done!

benny, where ya been during the past few hours? :shrug: i think i fried the sucker! can't submit them until i get the rig back up and going..

What? Why?... Just plug the HDD to the rig you're using to make all these posts and pull the data from it...

benny, where ya been during the past few hours? :shrug: i think i fried the sucker! can't submit them until i get the rig back up and going..

Can't you pull the screenies off the hard drive with either a external enclosure on another PC to view the files? Or connect the hard drive to the PC and pull screens that way?

EDIT: Sebas ninja'd me :(

What? Why?... Just plug the HDD to the rig you're using to make all these posts and pull the data from it...

+1

Can't you pull the screenies off the hard drive with either a external enclosure on another PC to view the files? Or connect the hard drive to the PC and pull screens that way?

EDIT: Sebas ninja'd me :(

Yes :D

I've done that multiple times. Just put it in my daily system and pulled them off.

in the process of submitting them guys.. no worries on the submissions, i just wanted to get the system back up and going. Power Phase LED #'s 5 & 6 are red on the board. i know i had similar issues when the memory went bad, but i have a feeling it is the board or cpu this time.

in the process of submitting them guys.. no worries on the submissions, i just wanted to get the system back up and going. Power Phase LED #'s 5 & 6 are red on the board. i know i had similar issues when the memory went bad, but i have a feeling it is the board or cpu this time.

Man, I hope not.

Back