• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x256mb Adata PC4200 finally good results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sophisticated said:
if you modify your rails u would be a lot more stable have u ever considered that???

No I havent thought about that, I'd actually like to stay away from modding the PSU.... too risky

I'm not Prime stable at 285fsb, everything else is stable though, including memtest86 and CpuBurn4... I've tried up to 1.625vcore and I've tried different AGP/PCI freqs. Memory is at 2.85vdimm and 3-4-4-8-8 timings.... I dont know what else to try.

Down to 280fsb now, 38C full load, @ 285fsb it was 42C full load.... wierd 4C difference with only 5fsb higher.

ar7786 said:

Can you get to 300fsb at 5:4 or 3:2?

Yeah this RAM can pull that off easy... but its stupid.

This RAM is MADE for 1:1 - 5:4 and all those other dividers kill its bandwidth.

Thats why I got PC4200, to do 1:1 300fsb... and thats possible as long as your mobo and CPU are capable of it

Easy? Could you let us see a 300fsb screen shot? I think 300fsb 5:4 is better than 285 1:1.

ar7786 said:
Easy? Could you let us see a 300fsb screen shot? I think 300fsb 5:4 is better than 285 1:1.

Not with this RAM, I'll go try it right now just for you, as I said it depends on ur MOBO and CPU, lets see if I can do it.

:) brb

Nope, no boot @ 300FSB 1:1, or 300FSB 5:4 - its either my motherboard or my CPU. @ 290FSB 1:1 I can boot, but not into Windows, it crashes during startup...

I tried up to 1.65vcore...

With a droop and vtt mod I could pull off 300FSB 1:1.
With just a droop mod I could pull off 290fsb, but right now I'm focused on being Prime stable @ 285fsb with 1.6vcore.

ar7786 said:

as previously stated this RAM isnt built for 5:4 divider so wether its better or not it makes no difference only to the worse so 1:1 is basically the only choice...as Tek said it also depends if your MOBO & CPU is capable of those speeds

this will get u going...

ive been doing some testing on a stick of hyperram. i can get 295 1-1 no prob.. @2.8!.but when i bump it up to 300 the memory dies. when i set the ratio at 5/4, 3/2 the rigg dies at 295!! now this would lead one to believe it is the cpu or mb. NOT!!
cause i can run 3820 b4 the cpu quits(not stable of course)with my bh6 set to 3/2 ratio. so something is happening that im not fully understanding, cause if i can run 295 at around 2.8, logic dictates this ram is capable of 300 at 3.24v. but no matter what ratio i use the rigg doesnt like over 295 with this adata. at first i thought it was the vtt voltage (my vtt voltage was low)but if fixed it so the only thing i can think of is some kinda noise or harmonics... WAAAAAAAAAAA flapperhead not happy...

Attachments

• ,,,.jpg
    ,,,.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 310
Hey I cant even get 285fsb stable.... so :p

your doing pretty good:)

what im getting at is it may be something holding u back that u havent thought of cause look at my case. if i didnt have an extra set of ram, i would have thought my rigg was only capable of 295. im starting to see once u start getting over 280-285 alot of things can happen that inhibit ur oc that u wouldnt think of...

Re: this will get u going...

flapperhead said:
... WAAAAAAAAAAA flapperhead not happy...
Maybe you should give abit IC7 max3 a try, its mosfets are bigger than p4c800ed and has better cooling. I also remember seeing somewhere a DFI guy, angry_game I think, can get above 300fsb with pro875b and hynix chip memory.

Could be my 430w power supply.

Could be my NB cooling too, who knows.

I'd like to get at least 283-284 fsb 100% stable, if just I knew what I gotta do to get that.

P.S. You think this mem can run 2.5-4-4-8 or 3-4-4-7, or even 2.5-4-4-7 @ 280fsb 1:1 with 2.85vdimm?

I think I need the droop mod. Or a better PSU

i am not sure at this point.i have a antec true550, i modded the h@ll out of this board. u name i modded it. and the cpu runs way over 3.6 with the bh6 in 3/2. there is obviously something the adata hyperram ram doesnt like over 295-296 no matter what ratio i use...

flapperhead said:
i am not sure at this point.i have a antec true550, i modded the h@ll out of this board. u name i modded it. and the cpu runs way over 3.6 with the bh6 in 3/2. there is obviously something the adata hyperram ram doesnt like over 295-296 no matter what ratio i use...

Yeah I see what you mean from your last post, weird stuff

figure this one out...

i tested 1-3 dc slots no go... i just tested slot2. and 300 csame up pretty as u please. i think i have a noise prob with the 1st dc slots(1-3) 2 and 4 look more promising

After placing the sticks in DIMM 2 and DIMM 4, at 285fsb and 1.600vcore I have been prime stable for 4 hours and 15 minutes now.... I just stopped it cause I had to do something.

Before when the sticks were in DIMM 1 and 3 Prime had an error after only one hour and some minutes.

The ambient temp is also like 4-5C lower so my CPU full load is @ 38-39C, System(NB) is at 25C Full load, HDD's are both under 40C

:)

---------------

Hmmm... guess not, after closing my windows and getting a little rise of ambient temp Prime crapped out... I had turned my monitor of earlier to let Prime run, then when I came back an hour or so later to turn it on and check if its still going... the monitor wont turn on.

Priming 275fsb now..... since 280fsb gave me a Windows Error at bootup this morning.

You know what screw Prime, Far Cry always locks up on me when I aint stable.. so I'll just do that from now on :)

Last edited:
Back