• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x256mb Adata PC4200 finally good results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
flapperhead said:
cool, your getting closer to the big 300...

I dunno.... if I'm not prime stable @ 285fsb then how will I be at 300fsb, I probably need a droop mod and better PSU

great news tek, (I think) i went into my bios and turned all my game accelerator selections to off or the lowest setting i could(instead of auto). jeeesh then like magic i could go over 300 fsb with my adata. although it was only in the 5/4 ratio, i wasnt able to do that at any ratio b4. apparently my ic7 with game accelerator on and a hi fsb, even if u run a 5/4 or 3/2, there are some kind of timings that the adata cant run(even on auto) .that would explain why my bh6 took me up to 318 fsb. it is just quicker handling timings related to the game accelerator...(and it shows itself as u get near 300 fsb, if u have memory designed for loose latency) i wonder if this problem has been interpeted as losing pci/agp lock as one nears 300..

ar7786 said:
oops you missed sth again, flapperhead. tek's mb is p4c800, not ic7.

lol, i also have a set of the adata too. so tek and i have been kinda keeping in touch about the best way to run this stuff. my adata has been quitting at 300 fsb no matter what ratio i used. and i knew my cpu/mb was capable 300+. so when i discovered my fix, even tho tek has an asus, he may have similar settings, which may help him get a better oc...

Hmm I wish I knew something for the P4C800-ED similar to Game Accelerator on the IC7 as you say

It isnt PAT which is set to standard.

Could it be Performance Mode? It's on AUTO right now, somebody told me its best to leave it on Auto.

Seemed to me like it was temp reasons, cause at 38C full load and 25C mobo I was prime stable for 4hrs+ @ 285fsb, then when I shut the windows and the full load temp for CPU and mobo got higher I guess Prime locked up

I'll try to find out if there is anything similar to Game Accelerator options on my mobo

seems like my gat settings really affect my overclock with loose timing hi speed ram. kinda like trying to run my adata at 2-2-2-5. it wont run those timings no matter what speed or ratio...

Hmm...... I dont see anything in the Asus bios that could compare to what you were talking about.

Anyways, I was priming 275fsb last night, got an error after 9 hours.

Down to 270fsb :(

Mine will actually Prime and Memtest at 292FSB stable, but damned if I can get it 3D stable there. I believe the board is just not going to take me any higher, partially because the northbridge is just REALLY power hungry and the NB voltage is directly linked to AGP voltage. I don't want to increase AGP voltage more than the 1.8v that it already has. I still get occasional tearing with my FSB and AGP voltage that high; I believe it's actually thermally related because the entire 9800XT PCB gets REALLY hot.

I really wish I could find a 3.0C that would do 266fsb so my poor Adata could live up to it's potential. Right now I'm getting overall better speed and stability running at "only" 3750mhz. I'm gonna sell this 2.4C and my 3.0C and try buying a known-good 266fsb-capable 3.0C from someone else. Maybe. :p

Albuquerque said:
Mine will actually Prime and Memtest at 292FSB stable, but damned if I can get it 3D stable there. I believe the board is just not going to take me any higher, partially because the northbridge is just REALLY power hungry and the NB voltage is directly linked to AGP voltage. I don't want to increase AGP voltage more than the 1.8v that it already has. I still get occasional tearing with my FSB and AGP voltage that high; I believe it's actually thermally related because the entire 9800XT PCB gets REALLY hot.

I really wish I could find a 3.0C that would do 266fsb so my poor Adata could live up to it's potential. Right now I'm getting overall better speed and stability running at "only" 3750mhz. I'm gonna sell this 2.4C and my 3.0C and try buying a known-good 266fsb-capable 3.0C from someone else. Maybe. :p

That's what I'm thinking of doing.... I cant live with 270fsb on a 2.4C -- need a 3.0C

My 2.4C is a sweet stepping too... I dont understand whats wrong, who knows might be fixable with a droop mod or better PSU.... but I dont got the money for a new PSU right now, and not enough balls to do the droop mod.

lol

Mine is doing 284FSB at 1.50 actual (mine only droops slightly stock), maybe I could make ya a deal ;) j/k... My board just quits at 284-285 until I modded it a little, now it can get up to about 295 before it dies. I know it's the board, but I'm too happy with the features it has to justify replacing it with something more expensive with less features.

I figure someone out there has an IC7-E or a P4C800 or something that can use this chip to it's max; I'd bet my lunch money that it would do 300FSB on 1.65 or less.

yep, now that i figured out gat was the prob with my ic7, i cant wait to see what it will do... one of these sticks runs to 295 at 2.8v.

flapperhead said:
yep, now that i figured out gat was the prob with my ic7, i cant wait to see what it will do... one of these sticks runs to 295 at 2.8v.

What is GAT? Is that like PAT?

<stupid

Albuquerque said:
Mine is doing 284FSB at 1.50 actual (mine only droops slightly stock), maybe I could make ya a deal ;) j/k... My board just quits at 284-285 until I modded it a little, now it can get up to about 295 before it dies. I know it's the board, but I'm too happy with the features it has to justify replacing it with something more expensive with less features.

I figure someone out there has an IC7-E or a P4C800 or something that can use this chip to it's max; I'd bet my lunch money that it would do 300FSB on 1.65 or less.

I wish I had the money man, I might sell this one on eBay.

How much would you sell me your 2.4C for?
PM me please

I dunno, I keep talking about selling it and just haven't yet :)

Here's a few screencaps of it dinking along at 284 FSB:
http://www.hyundaiproject.com/computer/cpuzm0.JPG (guess it did droop a little more than I thought)
http://www.hyundaiproject.com/computer/memory/cpu-z.JPG (there's the ram :) )
http://www.hyundaiproject.com/computer/memory/sandra.JPG (Sandra scores on my board suck because PAT is all or none, and at this FSB, it's none :( )

I had a bunch more and got rid of them from my server... I bet I still have them at home on the actual machine somewhere, or else I could take a few more. Prime running, MBM monitor, etc.

i bought a verified screamer (2.4c) for over 200 bux, cause i didnt want to buy 10 of em till i found a good one..however when my superchip wouldnt run to 300 i discovered that there probably is a whole lot more 2.4c's out there capable of 300 that are being held back by the ram or mb. it took alot of mods and tweaking to find the right combo for me b4 i could get to 300 and im still not thru..

Yeah thats how much mine droops when I set the vcore to 1.625 and 1.65v

I think I'll stick with my current chip since its a great stepping.

I'm gonna be getting the Thermalright NB-1 soon -- just incase my NB is getting too hot. :)

Beautiful!!!

But only one stick? The other stick cant do 300fsb ?

Back