• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x256mb Adata PC4200 finally good results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im still testing and trying out different things so its much easier with 1 stick(plus it takes out a varible if 1 should fail). hopefully when i get this thing tweaked i can get both to do over 300.

flapperhead said:
im still testing and trying out different things so its much easier with 1 stick(plus it takes out a varible if 1 should fail). hopefully when i get this thing tweaked i can get both to do over 300.

That will be sweet, keep me/us informed man.

Nice OC darkblau, I'm trying to get 285fsb stable, thats my goal right now.

Hopefully the Thermalright NB-1 helps me out

sorry. that was a misunderstanding.
i ran fsb284 @ 3408MHz with OCZ PC3700 gold rev2, OCZ PC4200 performance and geil PC3700. but all 5:4 :(

my a-data PC4000 goes up to 270 so far. not burned yet

Mine does 288fsb with 1:1 ratio. I was hoping for something over 290fsb, but it just won't make it up that high. I've tried increasing the voltage to 3.2v to no avail. Actually 2.9v seems to be the best voltage for this memory. Still 6700+ memory bandwidth in Sandra is nothing to frown at..
Is anyone running 300fsb at 1:1 in dual channel? Seems like most of us are topping out around 290fsb..

i can hit 300+ with 1 of my sticks(256) but it isnt stable. i have an earlier set that responds to higher voltage. i am considering some mods(extra capacitors) or maybe hit them with 3.5-3.6 volts and see what happens..

[url]www.darkblau.de[/url] said:
i'm running my a-data PC4000 at 275MHz now. memtest86 stable @ 2.7V.
but my CPU seems to get a little exhausted.
(just read my other thread)

Ehhh.... you cant really judge your stability with memtest man, only for memory.

I was memtest stable over 10 times @ 285fsb....
3d stable, game stable.. everything

But Prime craps out after like 5 minutes

figures

tekOC said:

Ehhh.... you cant really judge your stability with memtest man, only for memory.

I was memtest stable over 10 times @ 285fsb....
3d stable, game stable.. everything

But Prime craps out after like 5 minutes

figures

i wanted to test my memory first, because i got it some days ago. and before i'm priming, i wanted to ensure, that my at least my memory is working at these frequencies. understand?

i don't test my system-stability with memtest.

[url]www.darkblau.de[/url] said:

i wanted to test my memory first, because i got it some days ago. and before i'm priming, i wanted to ensure, that my at least my memory is working at these frequencies. understand?

i don't test my system-stability with memtest.

Aha, I see.... sorry about that, misunderstanding.

memtest away:)

Back