• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0EE benchies and LGA775 pics (56k warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

The EE, Im not impressed with it anyway, as my Xeons run on the same core I kinda knew what to expect - they dont overclock all that well because of all the cache IMO. Either that or the MSI board I tested it on just sucks - it certainly has weird BIOS compared to ASUS boards.
Anyway heres a couple of pics - it would not even complete PCMark04 at this speed so I chucked it in the bin (I'm kidding)

P4EEsancpu.jpg

P4EEsanmulti.jpg

And heres what I will be putting together over the weekend...anyone have a spare PCI-X card :D
Benchies to follow....

mini-dscf0049.jpg

mini-dscf0052.jpg

Note the extra pins on the ATX power connector, additional Molex point, and 4-pin Fan connector.....strange!

Holy moly... did I miss something? I thought there was just a 3.2EE and 3.4EE, not a 3.0 :eek:

Oh and, yes your board must just suck. I've seen 3.2EE's at 4.0-4.2 on water.

i love how they just obsoleted all current psu's :rolleyes:

typical intel.

lmao even the fans too.... jeez.

@Maxvla- Tell me about it - I hope it works with a normal PSU as if it does not I will not be able to test it!

The board is an early i915 Engineering Sample.

The EE was an 3.0 ES, so I presume it may have been an early sample, or as I said down to the MSI board, I heard it had done 3.8 on air with the previous user, but I just could not get it to go any higher...Ill play a bit more tonght but you can tell when the system just does not "feel" right, unlike the one I am on now ([email protected]/P4P800)

Reason I did not take a picture of the LGA775 CPU on its own is that we already put it in the board and I did not want to risk taking it back out with all this talk of only being able to use the CPU socket a few times without breaking it.....we dont even know what speed it is yet either!

EDIT - where did I get this stuff.............Intel ;)

I think that connector should be compatible with the 24-pin dual PS standard. So there's still a handful of them not obsolete. ;)

Here's one with the 24pin thing:

http://www.home2000.net/client/fspgroupusacom/proddetail.asp?linenumber=126

As for fans- surely you'll be able to connect the 'old' style fans to the new 4pin design, with cheap adapters like the ones you use when you connect them to your PS' lines.

And you get to save some wiring mess with the increased power of the PCI Express x16 slot. :)

Thanks FIZZ3 - thats some interesting information.
So that PSU - is it EPS12v?
I know on my PC-DL it has an EPS12v connector on the board, but it works fine with a std ATX psu.
The EPS12v ones have an 8-pin CPU power connector, wheras the normal ATX has the 4-pin one. So the board pictured would not accept the 8-pin CPU power connector? Its like a "*******ised" version of both? OR am I confuse.
With the Fans - the one pictured has the 4-pin connector so I am not that worried, just thinking about aftermarket ones......and what is the extra pin for? Temperature sensor built into the Heatsink, but with output to the mobo?

EDIT - I thought ba$tardised was a legit word!

I believe that the EPS12v standard also includes the 8 pin connector, aside from the 24 pin one. There are different variants that have a 24 + 6 design too, but these are still referred to as ATX 2.03.
The board pictured seems to have that 24 pin, a (P4) 4 pin and a standard 12v connector. I'd think that you're ok with any 24 + P4 supply, I see no 6 or 8 pin connector on the pic.

Here's a couple of them next to each other:
http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/pr...highperformance_d/turbocools/index_hp_atx.htm

As for the 4th pin- I think that 1 is power, 1 ground, 1 RPM feedback and yeah... 4 temperature? Seems a good guess. :)

Back