• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5Ghz Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wish i could find some of my ss from my old 660 thing was awesome for what it would do under a stock vapo ls

EDIT: heres one i found laying around
660%20run.jpg

wasnt 24/7 stable at those speeds id have to run it @ 5.1 for 24/7 was all done on stock vapochill ls with a p4 660 and a abit aa8xe fatal1ty powered by a ocz 520w psu

Last edited:
Way to go XOCer! When the 65nm are released we'll need to start a 6GHz thread...I hope!

P4 550:

38516.png

P4 670:
Yeah, that's right, 400 FSB all nice and verified ;) Too bad it's not at 19x, haha. I've seen 5.7GHz, but not stable enough to screenie let alone validate :(

56308.png

Yeah, but it will be for dual cores...going to have to start a 6GHz thread for Cedar Mills :)

lol damn, even though i seldom venture into the intel section, ill be keeping a close eye on this thread.. those clocks are fantastic.. 5.6ghz.. kinda makes me jealous :p

Careface*

problems

hey guys, i know this isnt the ideal thread to post in, but from what ive read, you all seem like you know what your doing with intel kit..

ive recently been concidering upgrading my current machine (intel 550 3.4) to an AMD x2 machine.. when i think about it, more and more i feel like a traitor for some sad reason, but both brands have served me well over the last few years.

So, as a last hope for my 3.4 i decided to go for a nice overclock again, here is what hardware im currently running..

Gigabyte 8I915PL-G
2 x 256mb corsair TwinX pc4000
nvidia 6600gt xfx
watercooled chipset, gpu & cpu

now i have got a classic vapochill under my bed not being used, its been regassed and unloaded runs at -46'c but its a socket A clamshell and i havnt bought a new lga775 clamshell in fear it might not get good use before i upgrade.

so, ive overclocked sucessfully to 4.1ghz @ 38'c idle temps but im hitting a constant brick wall.. i cant understand it..

4.jpg

ive managed to get this speed out of a 3ghz chip so i just cant understand if its me doing somthing wrong or its the cpu.. when i try and boot up at anything over 240 x 17fsb it just goes funny in the graphics card display before bios scans for hdd's

if anyone can shed any light or give us some advice, it would be much appreciated.
Cheers Guys
oh.. and nice overclocks jammy bas**rds!

Yep, the bus lock on the 915 chipset just does not work. If you're lucky and have IDE drives, you'll get 250FSB max. If you have SATA drives or aren't that lucky 240-242FSB is the max.

Nasgul said:
:welcome: to OCForums Dumpstar,

Let me say the first one to tell you that the 915P is not "that" good of an overclocking chipset, I have an ABIT 915P and it maxes out at 250fsb and not even 100% stable. So you might be maxing out your 915P board.

what he said. you need a new mobo to really let that chip run.

fook.. ive got two 915p chipset boards (abit gd8) so im assuming thats why it wasnt overclocking properly on that board too!

and yes, i am using sata drives so the best i can get is just past 4ghz.. (236 fsb)

ideally id like to get a new motherboard that possibly supports sli and also has a decent chipset on it.. any ideas on chipset?

cheers

Back