• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5Ghz Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ross said:
Yep, the bus lock on the 915 chipset just does not work. If you're lucky and have IDE drives, you'll get 250FSB max. If you have SATA drives or aren't that lucky 240-242FSB is the max.

true the PCIe bus lock is CRAP but i still managed 262fsb with a sata drive on my 915p.
And 275 with a pci sata card to simply avoid the pcie bus altogether.
(then sold it all for an opteron)

8064 in pcmark 05 and 5047mhz , nr 20 in hall off fame :)
actually i have a score at 8387 on a screenshot ,but the orb was down so i couldnt post it . :bang head

52502ck.jpg
\

on water:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=77334
cpuz2ei.png

Last edited:
5.250!!!!!!! Damn proth, and only 26°c!! :eek: :drool: But whats up with the 1. overvolt?! Can you bench at that speed? Would be nice to see a pcmark04 or a superPI at that speed.

dylskee said:
5.250!!!!!!! Damn proth, and only 26°c!! :eek: :drool: But whats up with the 1. overvolt?! Can you bench at that speed? Would be nice to see a pcmark04 or a superPI at that speed.

Overvolt is because of the droop mod which has the side affect of adding .08 - .1 volt. It's SP1m stable so far, but needs further tuning. X1900xtx and this high OC slaughtered my POS OCZ600SLI...Setting up multiple supplies now to give the core all the OCZ has got to offer/ Trying to get an eval from James @ PCpower and cooling, he says his 1KW is enough, but I differ claiming even 2 20A rails wouln't cut it.

Ross said:
Is that the 570 proth?! Nice clock!

Not exactly. Got frustrated with trying to get back the performance I had with that killer 930. Tried 2 930s after that one and never got near the level of the original one. Luckily made out good on Ebay with a small loss.

Last edited:
at 14x that seems to be a 2.8 Ghz processor (200x14) if its a Retail processor. Now the question is which 2.8 is it :)

No matter which 2.8 it is, its hella fast :) Great job!!

I hope to have my 5Ghz run tomorrow for you guys :)

SAD

SuAsDu said:
at 14x that seems to be a 2.8 Ghz processor (200x14) if its a Retail processor. Now the question is which 2.8 is it :)

No matter which 2.8 it is, its hella fast :) Great job!!

I hope to have my 5Ghz run tomorrow for you guys :)

SAD

think the 14x multi is available on alot of the p4s i could do it on all my 6xx series i went through.

hawtrawkr said:
think the 14x multi is available on alot of the p4s i could do it on all my 6xx series i went through.

Are you serious? Ok.. my bad then :) Well.. using 14x to hit 5Ghz is the hardway no matter what :)

SAD

Hey Gents,

Well.. I was OC'ing last night, and 5.9 Ghz. Hopefully I can join the 5Ghz club now :)

Here is the link to my CPUz validation.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=76896

I was doing Suicide runs with my 641 CedarMill. This chip is a beast.

Everytime I hit 6Ghz, the computer just rebooted. So I had no luck getting a validation at that speed. I will probably vMod my mobo soon, and hopefully I can join the 6Ghz club :)

Almost forgot the specs:

CPU - Intel 641 3.2Ghz CedarMill
Mobo - Asus P5WD2-P
RAM - PDP Fatbody
Cooling - DICE

SAD

Nice clocks. My 661 suicides @ 5.8GHz on the SS, but it should be under dice this weekend...hoping for 6.5+GHz. I am actually expecting 6GHz+ on the 930 no problem, so we can start a 6GHz thread ;)

Yep: vddr, vmch and vdroop. vdroop is probably the most important if you plan to do anything besides suicide shots ;)

My 661 is and has been for sale :) The only reason I am even going to bother benching it on dice is because it's still here and is probably the only one of the 2 that stands a chance of getting anywhere >6.5GHz. Of course my 930 suicided ~200MHz shy of the 661, so who knows, but I just can't see it ramping as high as the single core at that level. Could you imagine benching a dual core @ like 6.5GHz? :D

Nice clocks everyone!

Wow, those .65nm chips are smokin'!

Too bad AMD won't have .65nm chips untill '07 time frame.

Watch out, here comes Intel!

Ross said:
Yep: vddr, vmch and vdroop. vdroop is probably the most important if you plan to do anything besides suicide shots ;)

Yeah.. I need to vmod this mobo. I just got it back from RMA. Hmm.. i wonder why my last P5WD2 was rma'ed :p

SAD

Back