• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5Ghz Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^^ Be more careful with this one and don't RMA stuff when you mess it up ;)

@ proth: perhaps you think a 6GHz thread will contain a lot of people? :) I'm sure there's room for both types. If mine is 32M SPi stable >6GHz, rest assured, I'll post the bench so everyone knows :D

Ross said:
^^^ Be more careful with this one and don't RMA stuff when you mess it up ;)

I was DICING one day. then teh next day I put it back on air after clearing teh cmos.. and "NOTHING". Fan spun, lights went on.. but no POST. I tried everything. Even check the BIOS on a different P5WD2 mobo. It was a challenge to get all the dielectric grease off :p

SAD

Ross said:
@ proth: perhaps you think a 6GHz thread will contain a lot of people? :) I'm sure there's room for both types. If mine is 32M SPi stable >6GHz, rest assured, I'll post the bench so everyone knows :D

LOL...Quite the opposite, 6GHz ain't easy man as you know for sure. Just my opinion, but touting max clocks on DI and LN2 doesn't mean much. Only a temporary "high", to coin a term. The SP32m mark sorta makes it more credable. Suicide shots mean nothing after the initial "WOW". You have some great clocks already and bench over 5GHz, that's what counts, at least to me that is.

Just be careful there Ross, been talking to some heavyweights over the last few days that put up big numbers on DI and Ln2 and a lot of their processors are degraded and wasted by now. Chip's are like old timer's sitting in a nursing saying "Yea I remember the days when I cound do 6GHz..., now I hang checking emails....". You're a careful guy and should have the sense to keep it under 1.6v.

Ross said:
^^^ Be more careful with this one and don't RMA stuff when you mess it up
LOL.

Last edited:
LOL, yeah, I WON'T be one of people running 2.00+Vc for dice. The last thing I always do is a suicide (after benching). Like you say, suicides are nice to look at, but that's about it ;)

Nice Mike... Definately not old news man... It's really tough to get the 5GHz mark... Congratulations and Welcome to da club... :welcome:

Guys... since im getting 5.3ghz on water, do you think its possible that I could get 6ghz on dry ice?

Back