• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

640 @ 4.0 (250 x 16)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TheMainFrame said:
huh? how do you get 2 copy's of prime running..

it wont let me open 2

You need to copy them to two separate directories. Only running 1 instance of P95 won't stress your CPU 100% and is not a good or accurate measure of stability of a HT CPU.

DanIdentity said:
You need to copy them to two separate directories. Only running 1 instance of P95 won't stress your CPU 100% and is not a good or accurate measure of stability of a HT CPU.

ok ill try that

How do you guys feel about SP2004?

4805781-1.jpg

I've been using two of those, plus one instance of the hdr lighting stress test. I do have a couple q's tho...

1. Should p4 ht be using large to stress the cache or blend for the memory...or a combo?

2. Should we change the affinity or cpu 0/1 to anything...does it matter?

Just installed my 640 in my 875P-T, have it running at just over 4.3Ghz. Stable, don't know yet. :shrug:

Attachments

• cpu-4309.gif
    cpu-4309.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 460
Jod said:
How do you guys feel about SP2004?

I've been using two of those, plus one instance of the hdr lighting stress test. I do have a couple q's tho...

1. Should p4 ht be using large to stress the cache or blend for the memory...or a combo?

2. Should we change the affinity or cpu 0/1 to anything...does it matter?

thanks for the intro to the little prog. personally i trust prime95 alittle more than this program. but to answer your questions,

1: i think that it is better to use the combo, generally thats what the prime95 torture test does, high heat/max power consumption.

Edit: when i ran it on my system, i only got 50% utilization from running a blend, but when i click to run the stress cpu, i got 100....

2: when you run it on a HT processor, one instance should be selected for cpu 0 and another for cpu 1, that way it will run on both of the processors intentionally.

hope that helps.

TheMainFrame: is your processor still stable when you run with dual prime?

ima run it tonight dual prime for an hour .. and tommorow ill go with a nice 8+ hour run.. so ill let ya all know

Edit* No good... 1 error :*( ill work on it tommorow

Last edited:
fAlCoNNiAn said:
...1: i think that it is better to use the combo, generally thats what the prime95 torture test does, high heat/max power consumption.

Edit: when i ran it on my system, i only got 50% utilization from running a blend, but when i click to run the stress cpu, i got 100....

2: when you run it on a HT processor, one instance should be selected for cpu 0 and another for cpu 1, that way it will run on both of the processors intentionally.

Hmm...ok, so by combo do you mean blend? There have been times where the blend option ran all day, but 5 minutes of large would crash it on my previous rig (A64). There's also a "no affinity" option in sp2004 that has me slightly confused...

nikhsub1 and TheMainFrame

:cool: Good luck guys :cool:

this looks promising! i too have a 640/dfi 875p-t combo with better than average watercooling. as of right now, i've been running 2 instances (sp?) of prime95 and it's been smooth-sailing. (250x16) RAM at 2.5,3,3,6. and stock vcore. can't wait to see what this chip is capable of.

@nikhsub: congrats on a damn good clock. what voltage are you running? and have you done any mods to your board?

I guess after you slap these CPUs around they start to respond.

Not bad for a $60 refurb MB :D

300AS8.jpg

Last edited:
what could it be? thats unstabe?

could it be my memory timing.. really dont think its heat

OK, Im a bit disappointed... That screenie at 4315 prime fails within a millisecond, yet folding runs with no errors? I can't figure it out. Also, I tested it with my fav game, Warcraft 3 battle.net and I got some hideous video weirdness. So, as it stands, I am running at 4.2 folding to see what happens. I tried voltages up to 1.6V but dont seem to make a diff at all. Not sure if it is the cpu or the MB or what. 270 FSB is just a bust no matter what and I'm affraid to try the 5:4 divider on this mobo. My CPU is from China, not to happy about that either. Im gonna do some more tomorrow and Im going to slap my 560J in again and see how far that will go.

The big ?? is... If 256x16 is stable for the 640 which is 4.1ghz and the 560J will do 240x18 for 4.32Ghz what would be the better cpu to run with in your humble oppinions?

nikhsub1 said:
The big ?? is... If 256x16 is stable for the 640 which is 4.1ghz and the 560J will do 240x18 for 4.32Ghz what would be the better cpu to run with in your humble oppinions?

The 560J.

Isn't she unlocked? If not slap some UTT in there, and off you go. The OCZ VX 4000 will do 240 2-2-2-5 @ 3.2v

I also hit that wall that you ran into. I think something is up with P95 on these chips. I can pass for 8h+ but fail a run at SuperPi.

I can also fail a run at P95 but pass anything else.

nikhsub1 said:
OK, Im a bit disappointed... That screenie at 4315 prime fails within a millisecond, yet folding runs with no errors? I can't figure it out. Also, I tested it with my fav game, Warcraft 3 battle.net and I got some hideous video weirdness. So, as it stands, I am running at 4.2 folding to see what happens. I tried voltages up to 1.6V but dont seem to make a diff at all. Not sure if it is the cpu or the MB or what. 270 FSB is just a bust no matter what and I'm affraid to try the 5:4 divider on this mobo. My CPU is from China, not to happy about that either. Im gonna do some more tomorrow and Im going to slap my 560J in again and see how far that will go.

dont run folding with a unstable cpu, you send the wrong results. :bang head

@TheMainFrame - now image if i didnt tell you about the dual prime, you would have used a unstable cpu. and if your folding, thats a no no.

fAlCoNNiAn said:

Uh, I think that if anyone knows that, it would be Nik.

Lets say hes been around the F@H block a few times.

fAlCoNNiAn said:

@TheMainFrame - now image if i didnt tell you about the dual prime, you would have used a unstable cpu. and if your folding, thats a no no.

I apprechiate it! dident mean to piost stable when it wasent.. just honest mistake with the duel and stuff

and i dont fold yet so no prob there

im new to OCing and it makes saence now that you say it just didint see it till someone pointed it out :)

Back