• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

640 @ 4.0 (250 x 16)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How long Should i expect 32M to take? and should i run 2 copys at 32M for accuracy like prime?

Here is a pick of my comp cause i got a new digital camera for 30 bucks and want to play with it :)

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

As you can see still got some work to do.. gotta get those round IDE cables with the spiral blue LED light in em and a shroud for the heatsink to help all that warm air out the case... when i get the schoud i may even put my 120mm back on the rear. There is a 120mm on the top but you might not notice with these pics.

I also wanna remove the sidewinder name (name of box) and put the letters "BIOHAZARD" on it.. The thumbscrews on the back also have biohazard sybols on them...

Its certainly getting there :)

*checks wallet* ...

I really must stay away from these things... Keep posting as I'm living vicariously through everyone here!

:clap:

Not that bad quality for a $30 camera! Most lower priced cameras have a slower shutter that can be helped by setting them on a box for stability.

WOW! Is all I can say! First boot at default voltage :drool: Stay tuned.

Attachments

• cpu-4214.gif
    cpu-4214.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 114
Jod said:
Not that bad quality for a $30 camera! Most lower priced cameras have a slower shutter that can be helped by setting them on a box for stability.

Got it on ebay.. it gotta be worth 200+ :)

It takes a floppy disk and has upto 30 sec video recording

Real nice

IrishAssassin said:
32M should take you around 28-29 minutes.

ok thanks.. but do i run 2 copys at once for HT?

Im Back!!

And lucky me its stable at 4Ghz and runs 24/7 :)

I figured i started this post so i figured i would let ya all in on the stability :)

Hmm since these posts ive added water cooling on my CPU...

MCP 655
MCP 6002
Black Ice Xtreme II w/ 2 x Panaflo 120mm X 120mm X 38mm

Got a microcool Northpole Northbride cooler that came with a handfull of chipset sinks that i attacked to all my mossfets

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/minochcokit.html

Now its running like this

3.2Ghz 640 @ 4.0Ghz - FSB = 250 x 16 - Vcore = 1.45v

Idle temp 27C
Load temp 33C

See the problem was even after the water cooling i couldent get the 4.0Ghz mark.. Then outta curiosity i reached in my computer and touched the POS (seirosly this thing was fake gold plated aluminum and had very little athual surface area and was passive) heatsink on my Northbridge and it was so HOT that i couldent touch it for more than a second or two...

I then proceded to touch my mosfetts and they where just as hot.. Now with there only little heatsinks firmly attached with Artic Silver Adhesive and the nice northbride cooler with the shrouded fan they are all much much MUCH.. cooler

Now its running 4.0 like a breeze im thinking of shooting for 4.2

The Vcore isent that high.. the temps are very nice.. i figure i can get it to 4.2 without going over 1.5v on my Vcore so i should be good.

and a screenie of it after about 12 hours of prime.. i went to 24 but closed them all and then thought to myself.. darn shoulda got a screenshot

My results with 3DMark 2005 at 256x16 @ 4100MHz~

http://busta.nbfl.net/benchmarks/3dmark05_4100mhz.jpg

Runs great in any game I play, I don't believe in Prime95 though. It will give me errors even when I'll be gaming and multi-tasking for hours on end, because that's what I use my computer for. I even looped 3DMark 05 for about 2 hours last night with no problems.

Crappy watercooling, temps are 38ºc idle and 46ºc load.

Back