• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800 CFM fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
By some simple math to keep all pressure equal "in a completley sealed case" you would need 2 120 mm fans moving 400 CFM each or a little less because depending what tubing you use you will get obstructions in airflow and if your duct is right over the HSU then it may not be able to draw 800 cfm , and it was in a car right? All cars if in not mistaken un on a 12v system so any car part you get should run on 12V

- boo

im gonna buy 4 of those fans and hover around my house :D
..but yea youll have hurricane forces :D keeping that system cool, so go for it!

HAHAH i found 2100 CFm fans.

45 cm X 45 cm runs on 12 volts and pushes 2100CFM of air.
u think then i'd have a hovercraft?

hahahah.

Guys have a look @ car parts. Thats im talkin about if u haven't worked it out is putting a thermo fan for a car onto my Pc.
They come in many sizes. :p
24cm = 800 CFM = $100 (australian)
45cm = 2100 CFM = $200 (australian) :D

probably alot cheaper in north america half the aussie dollar.

Anyways they all run on 12 volts But the problem is working out the volume of the piping. Because whats the point of having 800+CFM when your pipes only allow for a max of 150 cm3 of air.

ok , now .. logically lol how many PSI would those create? and how many can i fit in the bottom of my rig as a experiment? i need a dimmer switch .. lol a couple of those fans .. and.... some tie down cable :p if i had the money i would actually try that because its quite pheasble that about 4 of those could move your computer? maybe lol who wants to try.. and i seriously reccomend the tie down straps incase in does become airborne .. :D even though it would rip out the power cord and bring itself crashing down eventually ..

weponhead said:
and i seriously reccomend the tie down straps incase in does become airborne .. :D even though it would rip out the power cord and bring itself crashing down eventually ..

Talk about windows crashing..

Can you say hard boot?

well first things first... can the fan move itself?? much less a computer case? someone wanna try this? i dont have the money :D ...

why not sell your heatsink to raise money for the fan, its not like you are gonna need it anyway.... Oh one problem, wont it suck the processor up the duct if there isnt a heavy heatsink clamped over the top?:D

how about trying to have an opening for the air to enter with a alu filter to hold some dry ice to the side of the hole (FAR below room temperature then...), mite need to bolt in firmly in place so it dont get ripped off and dissapear up the "shoot" along with all your loose power cables, agp/pci cards, ram and spare ide cables....
id like to see what a tissue would look like after a "trip":p

Last edited:
Back