• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800 CFM fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK!! now that we all know about big fans..but you know when a man gets a fan that big i think hes trying to compensate for something..

also there are for cars not computers and thats for a reason.

~will

ahhh reason shmeson

willlangford said:
OK!! now that we all know about big fans..but you know when a man gets a fan that big i think hes trying to compensate for something..

also there are for cars not computers and thats for a reason.

~will

Let him try it... heck, jig saws were meant for wood at one time, Neon was meant for signs (CC), and water was meant for drinking...

Remember the name of this forum is Alternative modding...

I say, break out another PSU and over volt the fan to 24 volts and see if you can break some law of physics or something.. Who knows.. maybe you can be the first person in history to create a black hole.....:)

Thanks Palee, im makin it as we speak :D

Stupid question time. :D

"If i were to put 24 volt to the fan would it spin twice as fast or would it just burn out?"

Are you out of your mind?

Hey go for it. I can say this since it is your system. I think 6volts would be plenty with that fan just use the 5v pin on ps and you got it made.

with the money you are gonna spend on the fans, i would just get a vapo chill. all you will gain from this is some boken components, bloody fingers and a big "why the **** did i spend all this money on some fans" 2100cfm, lol, there wont be enough air in your case to suck out, and you will probably find that there reading of 2100cfm is more like 500cfm. My rod fan is louder than the engine and thats about a foot squared, so i doubt they will be any different than a standard car rad fan.

cheers, Turando

Turando said:
with the money you are gonna spend on the fans, i would just get a vapo chill. all you will gain from this is some boken components, bloody fingers and a big "why the **** did i spend all this money on some fans" 2100cfm, lol, there wont be enough air in your case to suck out, and you will probably find that there reading of 2100cfm is more like 500cfm. My rod fan is louder than the engine and thats about a foot squared, so i doubt they will be any different than a standard car rad fan.

cheers, Turando

umm?

The fan cost 100 bucks for the 800 CFM.
$200 for 2100 CFM

vapochill unit $1000.

This is the alternative mod section. Buying a vapochill (don't get me wrong i would love one) isn't modding. ITs BUYING a case.

SIF im gonna do that. Id rather make my case, make it look nice and pretty and that way i can have some serious cooling for 1/20th of a price of a vapochill

umm?

The fan cost 100 bucks for the 800 CFM.
$200 for 2100 CFM

vapochill unit $1000.

This is the alternative mod section. Buying a vapochill (don't get me wrong i would love one) isn't modding. ITs BUYING a case.

SIF im gonna do that. Id rather make my case, make it look nice and pretty and that way i can have some serious cooling for 1/20th of a price of a vapochillQUOTE]

i didn't mean the actual vapo chill, u could make a phase change with that money, but by all means. buy the fan. i just dont think it will be worth the money. before you buy one, atleast test a 12v car fan with your ducting to see if it will avtually work, havent really read what you are saying, but is your ducting gonna come from a exterior source like a window? or just the room? because trying to buy ducting at 24cm will

1. cost about $50 as you wont be able to get it in small quantities
2. not really be easy to mount, as it will pretty much bee the whole side of your case:eek:

Cheers, Turando

holey crap do a set of ear plugs come with that fan ...hehe but anyway that will be the really awesome to see..but i hope the psi doesnt snap your motherboard or blow your cards to the moon...:).

im sorry but i think after you put that fan in you must put this sign on your puter for legal purposes :beer: :beer: :D

Last edited:
Hey, make a plastic cover for the mobo. kinda like the model of a black hole, with the hole on the cpu.

or

You might want to mout the fan outside with ducts running to the puter (put a screen on it to keep birds out :D) and then make a duct running through your whole system with a hole in it for the hs to stick up through........maybe.

*TIE YOUR CARDS DOWN!!!!!*

I don't think the vid going blank would be good.....especially when you open your case and find half a vid card with the other half stuck in the fan....bad news.

Dry ice would be sweet, especially if it is enclosed with only the hs in the duct.

Good luck. :beer:

You should definately go for it.
I'm looking for some large fans myself at the moment.
Let us know when your done hey...

Back