• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 8350 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xARxJabala

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and was just looking for a bit of help. I am running the 8350 and have gotten a stable clock at 4.67Ghz, but the temps are really high according to HWiNFO64. It is saying I hit a peak at around 71c under full load. My vcore is only around 1.428.

Break down of questions:
1. How is it going?
2. My temps are really high, is this accurate? If so, is that safe?
3. Why is my vcore going up and down? Mostly going above my vcore setting in my bios.
4. Any links to any OC guides for this particular processor? I have googled this/searched here and couldn't find anything that was extremely useful.

System specs:
AMD 8350
Asus 990FX sabertooth (latest bios, just updated yesterday)
Antec H2O 920
4x 4gb g.skill ripjaws 1866
2x 7970 asus windforce
maxrevo 1350 80+ gold cert

We use what is outlined below and how we do it in general so everyone is on the same page. Most of us that I see helping do n0t use HWINFO.

These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Ok, thanks for the advice. Here is the requested info, which btw right after I took this screenshot it crashed. :/

I am guessing it is because of temps because there was no errors in my prime95. IDK why it is getting so high of temps, I was running my antec 920 on full blast, water temp was only 35 according to their tool. When idling the temp of the cpu stays within 1-3 degrees of the water temp. Which I think is pretty decent...

Attachments

• Temp.png
    Temp.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
With those 74c temps on the CPU Core Temps, it is certainly a temp that is too high under heavy load.

I cannot but think the cooler to cpu contact is not good.

I see you have the thread shown as (Solved). Is that so? What fixed the temps?

Well apparently when I struggling to get the cooler on when i first installed the cpu some of the paste got moved from where I put it, so there was a spot without any. :/ Fixed it and now the temps are below 65

Last edited:
Back