• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit sd7533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ABIT makes the best overclocking boards, but if asked I tell people that their quality is marginal. I had a BE6-2V2(Raid) board for Pentium3s die on me after 5 months. 3 of the capacitors on it were visibly bulged and leaking. I found other posts where this had happened to others. Probably 1 in 3 ABIT boards arrives DOA. Yet, my next board will almost certainly be an ABIT. Why? Cause they overclock so well. My 2.0a Northwood runs stable at 2.8Ghz with only 1.7volts Vcore. My SD7-533 allows me to use my (old) ATI All-In-Wonder Rage 2xAGP video card when few P4 boards will. And it has the better sound chip on board that doesn't distort when overclocked...Mark

Well, it looks like I am beating those 1 in 3 odds. I haven't had a problem with my ABIT boards - although I acknowledge I have heard about many that have had problems - especially with the CAPs.

ABIT bh6, ABIT bx6-r2, ABIT bp6, ABIT vp6, ABIT sd7-533
-All overclocked-

Finally cool!

Hi guys,

I finally got my Sunflower and Arcticsilver 3, and the temp will not exceed 55 at full load on a warm day. Just fiished 100 loops on Sandra and stable at 150fsb. However, when I play Medal of Honor, the game often crashed back to w2k. It would only play stable at 133fsb. I heard that oc cpus don't play well in demanding games? Is that true? Or is it becasue my Matrox g400 max is too old and weak for such task. I am still waiting for a good dual head video card to upgrade, and I am not going to spend $400 on a Gfroce4 4600. I mean my rig only cost me $600, cpu, mobo, 512m ddr2700, 40g hd, case, kb and mouse. It just doesn't make sense to spend 2/3 the amount of my rig on a video card. $200 is max I would go.

Have a nice and safe Memorail day weekend,

eciti,

Re: Finally cool!

eciti said:
Hi guys,

I finally got my Sunflower and Arcticsilver 3, and the temp will not exceed 55 at full load on a warm day. Just fiished 100 loops on Sandra and stable at 150fsb. However, when I play Medal of Honor, the game often crashed back to w2k. It would only play stable at 133fsb. I heard that oc cpus don't play well in demanding games? Is that true? Or is it becasue my Matrox g400 max is too old and weak for such task. I am still waiting for a good dual head video card to upgrade, and I am not going to spend $400 on a Gfroce4 4600. I mean my rig only cost me $600, cpu, mobo, 512m ddr2700, 40g hd, case, kb and mouse. It just doesn't make sense to spend 2/3 the amount of my rig on a video card. $200 is max I would go.

Have a nice and safe Memorail day weekend,

eciti,

Your old Matrox is no doubt the problem there. Look around and see if anyone puts out a dual head Ti4400 instead of a 4600 because you can get close to the same performance as the 4600 but a much cheaper prices.

well i got my abit sd7-533 back.after they got my bad m.b,in 2 days they sent me another m.b.i got it june 7th.i sent them a msg also to as why the cpu temps run to high,and for them to please look into this matter.wheather they do or not.i don't know.

..i may have to many fans in here,which im checking in these forums for ideias..the cheap case i have 92mm fans 2 wire will mount,they are 50cfms.and the 120mm 3 wire 92 cfms im gona try 3 wire 80mm,2 in the frount and rear,rear being exuast,which 2 80mm at 37 cfms,will be 74 cfms.i looked at some lian li case setups,

which im gona buy one with a watercooling setup.im getting my credit card paid down pretty fast:)even though the lian case i think have more cfms,useing 2 80mm front and rear,and a top 120 mm fan,and the side fans,im new to modding cases,but im learning..

i had my ethermax 431 watt power supply mounted on the out side of the case,its a steel case,it took up room,haveing it inside,im gona put it back inside,i have 2 fans 120mm,and a 92 mm in the top.one fan in the back side,2 on the frount panel.worked good with my asus p4s333 m.b useing the p4533 bios.plus too i ran a 3 inch flex metel round pipe from the cpu to the outside of the case,im gona do the same with the abit m.b.

i used cardboard on a 120mm fan to suck air off the heat sink,which is a volcano 7+

now back to the abit setup,which i have digital doc 5,in this case
now i have a new siftech mcx478 heat sink with fan.that should help,running a flex duct off it to the outside of the case,which im gona run through the wall to the outside,its summer now,then run a 3 inch flex from one of my vents off my main duct for a/c,covering half the vent

,that will help alot,on cooler days,i can use the flex duct runnning to the out side,of course with a pice off screen,so no bugs fly in,and a homemade filters for my intakes.i was gona use an window a/c form filter,it maybe to thick,i read about useing dryer sheets as filters.anyways,this thread is getting long.if anyone has ideas,im gonaserach more in this forum,on venting

any help would help alot,i used to do heating/a/c refirg install and service.14 years in the field.never learned the design part,thats when i screwed my back up 10 years ago..i wanted to mention all this:))but until i buy a tower lian li case,this is all i got to work with,which is plenty for now,any ideas or point me to a thread,that may help,would be geat,cyas..

i forgot too,im useing a 1.6a on this,i have my 1.9 willie on my asus m.b.i may buy another 1.6a,or 1.8a,seems like the 1.6a is more over clockable.i don't really know..i hate my willie,but i love the temps it puts out 21c to 27c,sometimes,more,depends,im in our utily room.its gets warm in here.hehe

Back