• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit TH7II powers on for 1 sec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeadlyDemon

hey ppl

Well i just got given a TH7II a few days ago. Stuck some RAM, CPU, Fan etc onto it, then shoved it into a case.

Buuut when i went 2 test it, the box powers on for 1 sec then switches off.

When i remove any of the important components (RAM and CPU) then the box powers up (but obviously is unusable).

Any 1 kno whats up with this prob?

Using following hardware:

2x256MB Samsung
Intel P4 2.0GHz
GeForce 440MX SE 64MB
350W PSU

DeadlyDemon

could be the PSU is not sufficient to power the system. Does it have the 4pin 12v connector (a.k.a P4 power connector) and is it plugged into the motherboard?

yup its got that pluged in, i dont think its the PSU cause the same PSU was working perfectly a few weeks ago.

Will try it using another PSU though.

nope didnt wrk, same problem.

Any other ideas wat could b rong, i even changed the battery just incase but that didnt do anything either.

have already tried that, it powers up but shows obviously shows nothing on the screen cause theres no RAM. I dont think the problem is with the ram though, because i have the same problem with another set of RDRAM sticks that work in another box i have that use RDRAM

Back