• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All 8RDA+ Owners please read [Retired sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can someone clarify: Is there a Rev 1.1 for the 8RDA and 8RDA+? Fedex just delivered my 8RDA today and looking at it I can't tell....is there something that identifies a Rev 1.1?

um... dose this mess up ALL geforce 4s? even MX's? and if it si jsut getting knocked off couldnt you just be careful? it seems like this has happened to everyone from skimming over the thread so...

How much shorter are the Radeon and MX cards from the Ti cards?

edit: checked my board, it was a rev 1.1......

Last edited:
CrashOveride said:
um... dose this mess up ALL geforce 4s? even MX's? and if it si jsut getting knocked off couldnt you just be careful? it seems like this has happened to everyone from skimming over the thread so...

KfistoRok said:
Has there been, or is there going to be a revision for the 8RDA+ that fixes the problem with killing GF4's?

read the first post in this thread, if you are careful when you install the card, there is no problem. I don't know if they are going to change the layout of the board, but it would seem like that would be a lot of work.

If you know about the problem, its very easy to work around. The space is pretty close between the clips and videocard but its really not hard to put in if you are aware of it.

Maybe because it was a huge oversight in layout design? How long have Epox been making motherboards? And how long have GF4's been that long?

We know now, but it still caused inconvenience to all these people with dead cards.....

ya ok i suppose... :rolleyes:

:D :D :D i do agree but it jsut seemed like everyone some people though it meant that you COULDN'T use ht4e card /w the mobo... :D meh

CrashOveride said:
well than why dose everyone make it seem liek a HUGE flaw? it isnt that bad if you jsut know.. like we all do now:D :D :D

It's a flaw b/c someone that buys this board probably has no idea that this is an issue, unless they are in this forum or another Epox one somewhere else. And they will not know otherwise until their cards get messed up.

I've seen Epox's website and didn't see them address this on the board's page.

ok, im gonna drop it after this but all im saying is that i got the feeling that the board was killing cards... no matter what... but really if you are carfull.. even if you dont know about the problem you can avoid killing your card... though i DO understand the EPOX should hav seen this long ago or at leas posted a nice to take care when installing... :D :D :D

First of all, Radeon cards have PLENTY of room near the memory banks.

My 9700pro has more than enough clearance. About 1.125"

My revision is 1.1

YIKES!

close.jpg

hrm... wow that is close... i would imagine that glue would help... make sure its non conductive lol.. and it prlly cant stick out too much either

Ya, it's non-conductive. People use super glue to unlock Athlon XP's.

I know that the video card and the dimm slots are almost touching, but is it really that easy to break off something on the video card if you aren't careful?

lightbulb8817 said:
I know that the video card and the dimm slots are almost touching, but is it really that easy to break off something on the video card if you aren't careful?

I think so if so many ppl had problems. I have knocked one off of a mobo befor and I didnt get it hit that hard. Just be carefull.

Also, if Epox doesn't/ can't redesign the board (it could raise the price, who knows) they should atleast put a warning in the Manual now. I think that putting a GF4 warning in the manual would be less expensive than redesigning the board and would mean less dead GF4s. Now if everyone would take the time to look over the manual it should be ok. (I do read them but I know ppl who don't)

My $.02 :)

Back