• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 6100 acting up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm using the new mobo now. The first thing i did after i updated my bios to the latest version was disable cie c6 apm and all that **** but my frquency is still bouncing all over the place as if they are still enabled. I get short freezes in firefox when scrolling up and down on this page.

I would see if you can buy a cheap 1gb stick of ddr3 memory to see if it still has problems. Or ask a friend if you can borrow/swap memory for a couple days.

This pretty much rules out the motherboard, but you did end up with a significantly better board.

Post # 1 > Ok so I just built this computer and I'm getting pretty bad lag around windows and in games.

Post #19 > Describe the stuttering.

Like a smooth slideshow? (...ironic, right) (frames look like they are displayed with equal time in between, like a bunch of changing pictures)
Or
Like a tick that just shows up once in a while or once in a few seconds?
Or
Like, you go from 70-100 FPS down to 30FPS even shows the FPS difference for no reason at random?
Or
It says 70-100 FPS but it looks to you like 20FPS? (related to first option)?

Post # 20 > I cant really explain it lol. The best i can do is that i feels like im getting 10 fps when im actually getting alot more

Post # 58 > Yes in bf3 im getting 70-150 fps but it stutters like im getting like 10-15 it does it in singleplayer also so its not my internet and it does it in dayz too so i know its not just bf3.

Post # 68 > Are you using a DVI to VGA adaptor ?

Post # 69 > Yes but i doubt thats the problem because I'm getting better frames but worse little lag spikes in dayz then i got with my other pc and i was using the 550 ti i have in this pc in that one. So there were lags with the other PC also.

Post # 92 > Comparing 3dmark11 scores; you are listed as #92 out of at least (but more than) 550 users that listed their comparable systems at Futuremark. So there have to be at least 450 users with FX-6100 and 550Ti video card that are scoring less than you are.

Post # 110 > Yea I get an abnormal amount of lag around windows. More then I did with my other computer which was inferior to this one. I'm uploading my gameplay video to youtube right now too by the way. When I read that statement as it is written, I get this from the writing. The other lesser computer lagged also but not as bad as the new one!

Post # 116 > Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy1212
Yea I get an abnormal amount of lag around windows. More then I did with my other computer which was inferior to this one. I'm uploading my gameplay video to youtube right now too by the way.

Okay, so I wasn't crazy. I thought I had read that.

Communicating with text in a forum is often only so so. Different descriptions of how things appear and what settings show up in different brands of motherboard but are speaking to adjusting the same things.

When a thread goes on as long as this one has and there is absolutely NO getting better, then there has to be a problem we don't see or we are not getting enough of the type of information we need to try and really FIX the dang thing.

I have gone back thru the whole thread from the first page thru page #7 of this thread. Do you guys see anything that might have been unseen or just not really noticed?

The gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
What rev # is this board ?

@ RGone, I have been scratching my head since the first page on this one, and none of the usual fixes seem to have any affect, if the board is an early rev then that may explain the clocks now but before the new board, or if his board is a newer rev then I'm as lost as everyone else :shrug:

Post # 69 > Yes but i doubt thats the problem because I'm getting better frames but worse little lag spikes in dayz then i got with my other pc and i was using the 550 ti i have in this pc in that one. So there were lags with the other PC also.

Have you actually tried the computer on a native DVI monitor? The DVI to VGA converter should be on the video card end to avoid any kind of conversion from digital to analogue.

Have you actually tried the computer on a native DVI monitor? The DVI to VGA converter should be on the video card end to avoid any kind of conversion from digital to analogue.

No i havent tried it on a native dvi monitor. And to the other person that posted about my older pc: I was getting lag on my other pc because of bad frames. My gpu was decent and my cpu was ****ty so it was causing me to get bad frames and thats the reason why i was lagging on my other pc.

Old pc > Bad Frames > dvi to vga > I get lag (i wouldnt lag in games when i had decent frame rates)

New pc > Good Frames > dvi to vga > I get lag in all games no matter the fps.

And i dont know if any of you play dayz but i should be getting way more then 25-30 fps with my specs and at my resolution. I'm as clueless as you guys are in this thread and thats why i posted it because i couldnt figure it out either.

Post # 1 > Ok so I just built this computer and I'm getting pretty bad lag around windows and in games.

Post #19 > Describe the stuttering.

Like a smooth slideshow? (...ironic, right) (frames look like they are displayed with equal time in between, like a bunch of changing pictures)
Or
Like a tick that just shows up once in a while or once in a few seconds?
Or
Like, you go from 70-100 FPS down to 30FPS even shows the FPS difference for no reason at random?
Or
It says 70-100 FPS but it looks to you like 20FPS? (related to first option)?

Post # 20 > I cant really explain it lol. The best i can do is that i feels like im getting 10 fps when im actually getting alot more

Post # 58 > Yes in bf3 im getting 70-150 fps but it stutters like im getting like 10-15 it does it in singleplayer also so its not my internet and it does it in dayz too so i know its not just bf3.

Post # 68 > Are you using a DVI to VGA adaptor ?

Post # 92 > Comparing 3dmark11 scores; you are listed as #92 out of at least (but more than) 550 users that listed their comparable systems at Futuremark. So there have to be at least 450 users with FX-6100 and 550Ti video card that are scoring less than you are.

Post # 110 > Yea I get an abnormal amount of lag around windows. More then I did with my other computer which was inferior to this one. I'm uploading my gameplay video to youtube right now too by the way. When I read that statement as it is written, I get this from the writing. The other lesser computer lagged also but not as bad as the new one!

Post # 116 > Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy1212
Yea I get an abnormal amount of lag around windows. More then I did with my other computer which was inferior to this one. I'm uploading my gameplay video to youtube right now too by the way.

Okay, so I wasn't crazy. I thought I had read that.

Communicating with text in a forum is often only so so. Different descriptions of how things appear and what settings show up in different brands of motherboard but are speaking to adjusting the same things.

When a thread goes on as long as this one has and there is absolutely NO getting better, then there has to be a problem we don't see or we are not getting enough of the type of information we need to try and really FIX the dang thing.

I have gone back thru the whole thread from the first page thru page #7 of this thread. Do you guys see anything that might have been unseen or just not really noticed?

With this new board im still lagging. I was just playing and i was getting stutters and i got like a 2 second freeze but it only happened once mid game.

Did you disable turbo code boost ? If not, do that and check after that.

Yes i already did that. It stays at 3.3ghz most of the time but it sometimes acts as if apm and all that stuff is on but its not. I'm more worried about trying to figure out what this lag is coming from.

Anyone else got any ideas? Also I know someone who plays dayz with my specs at 1920x1080 and gets like 30 fps when streaming and i only get 25 fps at 1024x768 while not streaming. Lol It's pissing me off idk whats up.

Well no one else from a distance really knows what is wrong either. Most things adjustment wise have been done previously. The board has been changed. So now change some more parts. You started with thinking it was the cpu, so get in touch with AMD and RMA the cpu since it should be nearly free. See if that fixes the situation. If not then swap the ram or try different ram first. Then comes the hard drive. And then the monitor maybe suspect. It has come to swapping parts as the only way to find the offending part.

I have built 2 PC's using that MB, 1 thing I see with that board is the auto setting for the ram timings don't match the ram, last build I did the auto setting set a kit of Patriot G2 DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHZ 1.5V ram to 9-9-9-40 and the timings on the ram is 9-9-9-24. That caused some problems with installing the OS.
Anymore now I manuly set the timings rather than let the auto set anything.
Check the timing setting for your ram, if it's on auto and the timing don't match your ram, set it manuly.

Last edited:
Back