• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Power Now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gravitywell

I purchased an HP Laptop for my fiance, it had an AMD XP 1500+. Everytime we would run it, it was displaying anywhere between 660 and 990 mhz. Not the advertised 1.33gHz from the 1500+. I called HP tech support and the guy explained that it was a "Feature". The chip underclocks when it doesn't need its full capablities. The problem...it never stops underclocking! I can run games, or F@H for that matter, and it doesn't increase its clock speed. He said I could disable AMD Power Now in the msconfig, but its not anywhere to be seen. Does anyone know where to disable this?

it should come with a feature either in your "Program Files" or in your Taskbar. Did you go into BIOS? i'm sure it's there somewhere, I have a different laptop also from HP, and you could select it to either conserve power which it would run underclock or at it's full power.

I know the intel speed step is in the taskbar by the clock and is a flag that changes, but im not sure about amd. have you checked in there by the clock?

Back