• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Ryzen 2600 Benchmark Spotted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, how will we choose which software we want on "our" cloud? Do you pay admission fee for a 3.5 hour Photoshop session?

This is going to be so twisted if it all actually materializes

Probably subscription models, to start anyway. Possibly bundled packages like cable TV. "Content Creator" package-Photoshop, Handbrake, etc.. Just speculation on my part and waayyyyy off topic here. Sorry for the hijack. :chair:

I guess you wish to OC and have some more fun than ~3.9GHz so better wait for new chips :)

I guess you wish to OC and have some more fun than ~3.9GHz so better wait for new chips :)

My first OC was a Phenom X4 9850 (non BE). I was tickled pink to get 3.03 GHz, right before it crashed. (It lasted long enough to get a CPU-Z validation, though.) The fastest it ran stable was 2750 MHz. I like a challenge. How about that blazing fast, mismatched 810 MHz DDR2 at 5-5-5-15? All on a really low end board! :rofl:
challenge.JPG

The second coming of Ryzen may have slightly higher base clocks, but no guarantee it will OC better. So, I guess we'll wait and see. If any interesting games start to make use of real multi threading, my current rig may end up a really fast media server. :clap:

get APU and besides CPU, you will have many additional GPU settings ... and get ASRock board so it will take you half year to figure out what most of the settings are ;)

I made BIOS screenshots for review, only 'advanced tab' took 36 screenshots. There is no description for all of that. Now I'm checking new beta BIOS. What is interesting, I can assign up to 16GB memory to APU ( in previous BIOS max was 2GB ). I will probably post some results with memory at 2666, 3200 and 3600.

I made BIOS screenshots for review, only 'advanced tab' took 36 screenshots. There is no description for all of that. Now I'm checking new beta BIOS. What is interesting, I can assign up to 16GB memory to APU ( in previous BIOS max was 2GB ). I will probably post some results with memory at 2666, 3200 and 3600.

I would be interested in seeing this ram speed test results. I have seen a couple of reviews so far doing the same and they have shown improvements of nearly 20fps in some games at 1080p with the 2400. Wasn’t the most reputable site though.

Ryzen 7 2700X Proc Spotted http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ryzen-7-2700x-proc-spotted-300-mhz-extra-on-clocks-frequencies.html

Youtube User Tum Apisak has been responsible for a number of leaks and spots, often he was spot on. That said, he posted a screenshot of what seems to be a Ryzen 7 2700X processor in the 3DMark database. If this is a true valid screenshot when compared towards the Ryzen 7 1700X, the base clock is 300 MHz higher and the Turbo reached 4100 MHz.

The screenshot reveals pretty much all we need to know and expect about the 12nm Zen+ update and leaves little else to say. So let's keep things simple and understandable and compare the 2700X towards the 1700X.

... and I wish 6 core APU with stronger graphics :) ... what probably won't happen anytime soon :(

Like the rumoured Fenhuang APU ? with 8 cores and 1792 ALU compared to 704 on the 2400G

So is AMD going the same route as Intel and just tossing a graphics core on (almost) everything? Funny how AMD calls them APUs and Intel just considered them CPUs. Then again, Team Blue's graphics performance hasn't been all that hot.

the base clock is 300 MHz higher and the Turbo reached 4100 MHz.
Doesn't look too promising for OC overhead this round, either. Bummer.

I started by thinking I'd spend ~$750 to upgrade my 4770K to a 1600x to tide me over until the refresh in April.

Then I decided to just build the 1600x as a new system, so the $700 became ~$1000. Then I wanted a new case to hold the 4770k and the 1600x, so that $1000 jumped to $1600+. Then I decided I wanted to color coordinate the systems so I had to buy 24 Corsair ML series fans so the $1600 became $2000+, then I wanted to get "real" hotswap bays instead of the plastic ones that snapped and broke about ever 3 times you insert/remove a drive so the $2000 became $2500+, then add in the cost of the 1080Ti I was going to RMA and the $2500 becomes $3200.

Then add in the cost of the new large build volume 3D printer and Mosaic mfgr'ing Pallette+ I needed to get to print the parts I need to mod the case (power supply shoruds) and the $3200 becomes $4600. so the printer arrived and I had to fold down the rear seats in my Impreza so it would fit(!!!), and ain't nobody got time to be folding seats so purchased a 2018 Subaru Forester so my $750 upgrade became like $32000.

I still haven't bought the refreshed CPU either. **** me.

Last edited:
https://www.computerbase.de/2018-03/amd-ryzen-7-2700x/

Nearly reposted what Johan45 already did. This seems to be being reposted by various English language sites but above seems to be source. I dunno, 4.2 turbo on 2700X, implies possibly 4400 on 2800X, with an extra OC push are we still on for potential 4.5 GHz on a good sample?

I think I can shed light on that chart showing the turbo for 1-2 core/ 3+ core. Precision boost 2 boosts all cores to top bin if it can. That's one thing I noticed with the APUs. The 2200 hit all cores full turbo the 2400 all threads were from 3.6 to ~ 3.8 and lighter loads were hitting full max of 3.9. The way they word it is PB2 takes advantage of the surroundings as long as thermal/power etc.. are within parameters then it will boost as many cares as it can within the CPUs programmed clock range.

with an extra OC push are we still on for potential 4.5 GHz on a good sample?
only time will tell. If i had to guess, most of the headroom gained went i to raising the clocks 200-300 mhz and fitting under the same tdp. Ill bet these cant get past their xfr either... but do hope i am wrong.

only time will tell. If i had to guess, most of the headroom gained went i to raising the clocks 200-300 mhz and fitting under the same tdp. Ill bet these cant get past their xfr either... but do hope i am wrong.

I'm leaning towards this prediction. It seems AMD does multi threading quite well, and have been good at it for a while. Intel rocks high speed/low drag. The first one to find the magic combination will have a cushy ride in the marketplace for a long time. Failing that, it will be up to software optimization and market share seems to be the factor there. Interesting times ahead.

Back