• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Sempron Le-1200 2,1GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I did reset. But I Don't understand how it could say the maximum capacity when it doesn't EVEN reach that much. Didn't get past 46*C but it gets over to 91*C ? And what would you have me do now ?

out of curiosity , what tim paste are you using and how did you apply it, because those temps are too high for my liking, case temp included

It likely has the pre-applied paste which is generally crap.

I don't recall if this generation of Sempron is multiplier locked or not. Or if that motherboard has any overclocking functions. To find out you'll need to go into the BIOS. Look for CPU ratio (it would be set to 10.5), Front side bus (200) etc. While in the BIOS turn off Cool n Quiet (CnQ) it can cause instability while overclocking (we'll turn it back on later).

ok, maybe its time to have a look then and see what sort of coverage you have on the cpu ihs plate and the cooler face

some may laugh at me here but this is what i use now, i was an avid MX-4 user, along with Ceramique 2, but the price was getting so expensive for a 20-25 gram tube, getting up around the $40 mark here in australia, then i came across this, GD-900 in a 30gram tube for $8 aud, the temp difference is no more than 1-2 c to the MX-4 and Ceramique2, so i bought 4 tubes of it, i use it all the time now and have never had 1 issue with it and ill be buying more of it, when you change cpus more than we do our undies in a day in this game we need something thats well priced but a good performer, and this hasnt let me down yet

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-30g-...785742?hash=item210cfc5b0e:g:9WcAAOSwZ8ZW86Qq

ASRock 68C-S UCC motherboard. Does it even have any overclocking tools in bios?

Is this a mass produced computer like by Dell, HP, Gateway, Emachines, etc. or a custom built computer?

I looked at the online manual. It does have overclocking tools in bios. With a better cooler you should be able to overclock this. Generally, the Semprons overclock well and many of them had disabled cores that could be unlocked to give a dual core CPU. Your motherboard gives you that option but not all Semprons had locked cores that were viable. Might work and might not. But I would try it. If you can unlock that disabled core that will give you more of a performance increase than overclocking will.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/N68C-S UCC.pdf Overclocking tools are found in p. 35-39.

Last edited:
says on cpu world the mem supported is ddr2 667 mhz, theres a claim ddr2 800 mhz is supported but no information confirmed

I edited my post after doing more research and not only does it have some basic overclocking options but it has core unlocking ability as well. OP might do well to consider some spot fans on the socket and VRM areas.

So what about this core ? How do I unlock it ? And I'm still thinking if I'm going to overclock or not , I still need to get some CPU fans and reapply thermal paste. And yeah , pretty sure it's one of those pre-made old PCs made by DELL and other companies since I found it with stock cooler ,no dedicated GPU and idk how much ram.

And I don't think I have the Cool 'n Quiet option enabled , however , if I do I'll disable it anyways. I don't mind the noise.

Last edited:
I did some research myself and it's the motherboard does have the option however you need a CPU with locked cores. Which my Sempron doesn't have :(

Back