• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Need to press F5 more often...

Some of you were asking abut the Tock Tock Tock strategy that AMD is going with over Intels. So quick insight: GlobalFoundries (the silicon provider for AMD CPUs) will have a 7nm FET design that will be better than Intel's and is slated to be ready for mass production in 2020. They are skipping 10nm altogether. Zen+, whatever that may be, is aligned to that release. A refresh would only be cut in if A) AMD gets an insane profit increase and B) A need to remove issues with a silicon re-spin. Upreved Zen's should last 2 yrs easily for current PC market. Their FX series proved that.

Thank you so much :thup: This was the information that I was seeking. Jumping from tock to tock is not an easy process.

It was in the first video that was another one from the Ryzen event. They set a new record for ryzen in cinebench [email protected] under ln2

Maybe I can see it when I get home. Somethings just won't work from here. Did they say that was max or was that just how high they went?
If true that just like broadwell. No fun for cold benchers

Need to press F5 more often...

Some of you were asking abut the Tock Tock Tock strategy that AMD is going with over Intels. So quick insight: GlobalFoundries (the silicon provider for AMD CPUs) will have a 7nm FET design that will be better than Intel's and is slated to be ready for mass production in 2020. They are skipping 10nm altogether. Zen+, whatever that may be, is aligned to that release. A refresh would only be cut in if A) AMD gets an insane profit increase and B) A need to remove issues with a silicon re-spin. Upreved Zen's should last 2 yrs easily for current PC market. Their FX series proved that.
So no planned iterations till feature size change. That is good to know. Thanks Dolk!

For those in UK, I note ebuyer has pre-order up now, at £320, 390, 490 for the three models. I still think I'll spring for the cheapest of the 3. No mobos (yet).

Yes 549 + tax for the 1700X ........ :drool:

I have to stop reading this thread or my wife will kill me. Well birthday is just around the corner I need to start dropping big hints.

Oh yeah Canada...

Yeah $528 for 1800X with next day shipping. The last thing I need to lock down is my XSPC Raystorm AM4 kit. Sent an email to their marketing to see if it will be released soon.

Yes 549 + tax for the 1700X ........ :drool:

I have to stop reading this thread or my wife will kill me. Well birthday is just around the corner I need to start dropping big hints.

Really big hints

Mobos are not sold out, they release same day as RyZen. They are just not accepting pre-orders.

Mobos are not sold out, they release same day as RyZen. They are just not accepting pre-orders.

You can blame me for that. I pre-ordered the entire 2352 motherboards they had in stock.

Sorry bout' that XD

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like there will be a server overload of people's sigs being changed all at once also. Crystal Ball says so.

Back