• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Custom WaterBlock (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I really like anodizing spray paint!! (coloured clearcoat/glazing)

It is simply amazing because you can use silver, gold, black or white and the results will be COMPLETELY different!

BTW ... the HDD cooler mod was EASY!!

Attachments

• PC mod 089 (Small).jpg
    PC mod 089 (Small).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,393
I just read through this thread and don't think I seen any cooling temps posted? Care to post some or did I just overlook them. I haven't slept in 29 hours so I may be blind now partially.

No temps to post just yet ... I am waiting for some R134a to refill the fridge. (My bad) I have not been able to run this rig "super cooled" yet ... except when I put in the dry ice :>

As for the HDD coolers ... fortunately I have lots of aluminum scraps to use ... I chose to use the bar that goes at the end of your chain-link fence to keep the links pulled tight. It is a perfect height for the coolers so I only needed to "J.B. Weld" the ends on. No leaks.

BlueBall, very impressive indeed... looks like your really having a good time at it as well (thats really whats it's all about). I have a question. I have been thinking of making hard drive water coolers for some time now. The one that you made, is it just attached to the drive? or are you using some kind of "goop" <--- (highly technical term) in between? more suface contact = more cooling. I know that Koolance has watercooled HD kits and they come with some stuff that you put on the drive (kinda thermal paste on steroids) but it looks messy, and permanent. As I have my own business (not computer related) I do have a complete machine shop at my disposal. so the actual manufacturing part won't be a problem.

I did not use any thermal compound. I think that may be 'extreme' ... but what the heck ... I'll try it :>

I will use 'regular' cheapie compound. On things that need to be more permanent I use the stuff in the pic. Not cheap. $30Cdn

The HDD mod was EASY. It has much more "cooled" surface area than any other HDD cooler I've seen. lemme know if I can help you any..

Attachments

• PC mod 101 (Small).jpg
    PC mod 101 (Small).jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,349
Not looking shabby at all there blue, except for the color. I'm not too fond of racing stripes. But, this is your case after all.

i dont give a 2 cents what everyone else says you deserve a A+ for your work and ideas thanks for reminding all of us if we use that gray thing between our ears anything can be a reality

could you please post you harddrive pics what is the specks on the coolers and did you make them or by them ?? let us know

hey blue ball i will be willing to buy the purple stuff u got in ur case. im creating an all uv purple case and it will help a lot!

Sonicdrive ... thx for the morale boost ... and as for the HDD coolers ... they are the standard "Ultimate Hard Drive Cooler" ... they come in blue anodized extruded aluminim with two small/loud fans. I am impressed how much heat is being removed from the SATA RAID0.

The heat load on my cooling system is much higher now. I am unaffected performance wise but I can definately tell I have added another heat source to the cooling system. Damn ... Where's my R134A!!!

what is the specs on your heatsink how did it perform normal good bad can you give us the temps of a normal water cooling system along with yours ??

Back