• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another idea for Silencer mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Big One

same idea as all of them but with this baby:
fan-114.jpg

frozencpu link

according to them it make :eek: 100CFM :eek: with only 21db
and its very small (the blower itself) so , you see ,
with a ltl mod and duct u can replace the "week " fan of the Silencer with this baby.

what do u think?

I really like how the silencer pushes air right out of the case through the vent on the back. (not one for 9800xt yet :() And no doubt that would move the air better than the one on there. But i think 100cfm is totally insane. I have a vantec hard drive cooler with the same kind of design for the fan (might even be the same one) They claim 30 CFM or something i can't remember. But it really doesn't feel that powerful. Give it a shot, though!

Notice the advertiser's secret weapon: the phrase "up to *". They don't connect the two numbers at all; it may be able to be as quiet as 21dba as well as move 100cfm of air, but not together. Heck, given the right air density/pressure, any fan can achieve both those numbers, and probably at the same time.

Without a more descriptive description, I'd say buyer beware. "unique turbine lateral cross-flow fan" is like saying a car tire is an "alloy-interwoven [metal belt] poly-artificial-vulcanized [fake rubber] pneumatic suspention device [air-filled] with computer-designed horizontal-sheer stabalition verticle support mechanisms [stiff sidewalls]". Much like in the Guinness TV ads - "A turbine lateral cross-flow fan? Brilliant!!"

2nd question to bump the thread up:

Will it help at all because it seems like the only thing that preduce the most heat in my system is the 2 DVD/DVDRW drives?

Then again, can it really push 100 cfm (in or out)? I don't really care about the noise though. :)

Back