• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5a99FX pro r2.0 + AMD FX 8350 Vishera (B.E)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Set the DRAM voltage to at least 1.5. I would give it 1.525 to be sure. I would also try giving the CPUNB voltage a small bump, up to about 1.2v.

ok im confused now, when i try to increment the DRAM Voltage from the value 1.494v on boot up it will say overclock failed.

ok im confused now, when i try to increment the DRAM Voltage from the value 1.494v on boot up it will say overclock failed.

That shouldn't be. I have no ideas. Are you sure you didn't change something else at the same time?

How about some new pics of CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memroy and SPD.

Try lowering your HT Link and CPUNB frequencies from 2400 to 2200. Some motherboards won't do a HT Link at 2400.

Lower the HT Link Speed to 2200 and see if it doesn't stablize things.

Do you have the latest bios installed for the motherboard? The reason I ask is because the board and the ram seem to be healthy in that they work well with the 1055T you have. Maybe the problem is the board is not doing a good job of communicating with some features of the FX CPU (which is the function of the bios) and maybe there is a new bios version that fixes this. By the way, this is a commonly recognized problem with with Asus' recent revision 2 series of some of their popular mid range and upper mid range boards as has already been mentioned.

Last edited:
Do you have the latest bios installed for the motherboard? The reason I ask is because the board and the ram seem to be healthy in that they work well with the 1055T you have. Maybe the problem is the board is not doing a good job of communicating with some features of the FX CPU (which is the function of the bios) and maybe there is a new bios version that fixes this. By the way, this is a commonly recognized problem with with Asus' recent revision 2 series of some of their popular mid range and upper mid range boards as has already been mentioned.

Yes, im using the latest BIOS of the board.

hmmm if I go change to a Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, is it not a complicated like the Asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 that i have?

what i mean is, if the sabertooth is much more easy to handle without even tweaking some of its bios settings then maybe its better for me to go sabertooth than using this m5a99fx that I really dont know how to tweak it so much.

The Sabertooth will have as many tweaking options in bios as your current board and probably more but that's not to say you will necessarily need to interact with them much. You should be able to just drop the FX in and be up and running unless you try to overclock it. If I were you I would also consider upgrading your memory as well. The FX CPU will handle 1800-2100 mhz ram. Right now you are throttling the CPU with that slow 1333 mhz ram.

The Sabertooth will have as many tweaking options in bios as your current board and probably more but that's not to say you will necessarily need to interact with them much. You should be able to just drop the FX in and be up and running unless you try to overclock it. If I were you I would also consider upgrading your memory as well. The FX CPU will handle 1800-2100 mhz ram. Right now you are throttling the CPU with that slow 1333 mhz ram.

What I mean is, is the sabertooth much more right with its voltage? that I dont need to tweak it so much like what I did with the ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0..

Yeah maybe ill consider upgrading the memory.

I just want a running 8350 with the stable 4.0ghz im fine with it, as long as I dont get the FREEZE PROBLEM..

I'm guessing you won't have to tweak the voltages. Haven't heard of that being a problem with the Sabertooth boards running the Vishera CPUs.

I'm guessing you won't have to tweak the voltages. Haven't heard of that being a problem with the Sabertooth boards running the Vishera CPUs.

im just a typical/simple user that wants to not tweak so much about the board cause to be honest I really dont have enough knowledge to do so.

So what do you think?
Which is more less hassle board?

SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

or

M5A99FX PRO R2.0

your answer = ?

I think I have already given you my opinion but I cannot guarantee anything as I have not owned the combination you will be dealing with. Have you read the reviews on NewEgg by people who have bought that board to run 8350 FXs on? Maybe RGone or others can way in on your question.

im just a typical/simple user that wants to not tweak so much about the board cause to be honest I really dont have enough knowledge to do so.

So what do you think?
Which is more less hassle board?

SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

or

M5A99FX PRO R2.0

your answer = ?

The answer? You are putting FX-8350 in the mobo right? Hale it's default speed is 4.0Ghz and that is what you are trying to reach anyway. So turn all the throttling and green stuff off and set Windows Power Management to Performance mode and the 4.0Ghz is what the dang cpu will run anyway.

It really is not that difficult. You just need to do a little homework about what it is that you own yourself.

The answer? You are putting FX-8350 in the mobo right? Hale it's default speed is 4.0Ghz and that is what you are trying to reach anyway. So turn all the throttling and green stuff off and set Windows Power Management to Performance mode and the 4.0Ghz is what the dang cpu will run anyway.

It really is not that difficult. You just need to do a little homework about what it is that you own yourself.

ive done this but still really the problem was the FREEZE TIME.

My main issue was the FREEZE PROBLEM.

Back