• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT7-max2 owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pby5cat said:
did u get the "SERILLEL" parallel to serial ATA converters and have u any problems with the supplied temp monitering program? also, has any one mounted an AX-7 on this board and it fits?

yes, i got 1 serillel cable and connector, and yes the ax-7 fits great. it's a little tricky poking the first side of the clip into place, but there is room between the 3 caps there. after that, it looks like it was designed with the ax-7 in mind, and i had no problem with the hardware monitor.

one thing for sure....abit is teasing us by giving only one cable and adapter for sata 150.....:beer:

got mine yesterday! i was glad it came with the back plate for the atx case! the only thing i was disapionted about was the color i was hoping for the black version 1.0 but i got the yellow version 1.1! i have a side glass case with blue neon light and the black would have looked owsome but now i have to look at this golish (goldish green with the light on) board haven't got to fire it up yet because i fried my 2200+. debating on the 2600@333 or the 2700@333 any suggestions? going for best over clocker!

walldow said:
got mine yesterday! i was glad it came with the back plate for the atx case! the only thing i was disapionted about was the color i was hoping for the black version 1.0 but i got the yellow version 1.1! i have a side glass case with blue neon light and the black would have looked owsome but now i have to look at this golish (goldish green with the light on) board haven't got to fire it up yet because i fried my 2200+. debating on the 2600@333 or the 2700@333 any suggestions? going for best over clocker!

i wanted a black one too til i realized the ugly ones were a newer rev. i would think the newer rev would be more likely to be a successful board. after all, if the rev 1 is so great, why did they update it? i think the newer rev is a plus, and i am happy with mine. either way, these boards are gonna rock.....:beer: :burn: :burn: :burn:

wallow

you will not be dissappointed with AT7 Max2 ..i'm happy with it...unlike the Shuttle AK35gt2...haha btw that so called new bios "e" does nada...total crap.

thanks for the info guys and NC i didn't think shuttle would have gave us too mutch on the new bios but i had to hound them anyway. sad that a top of the line mobo manufacturer like shuttle has such bad tech support and late updates! the boards are rock solid just no tweeking abuility! i'm looking forwared to the abit board i've heard really good things about it.

still debating on the 2600 or 2700 has anyone heard anything on the 2600 @333 yet? the 2700 is performing great from what i can tell!

i was a little undecided about this at7-max2 today after i got my new psu, but after i then updated the bios, it became much more stable. also, i am getting better temps on this board at 2 vcore than i was on my at7-max1. i doubt this board makes it run cooler, i think maybe the temps are not accurate. right now it says 36/36 system/cpu. i find that a little hard to believe, but either way, it seems like a nice board so far.

we'll see in the long run

I have the 2400 (locked) running on Max2 @ 12.5 fsb 166 without any problems for about 4 weeks now.

btw i nagged shuttle with emails every 2 days for about 8 weeks (results was an old bios instead of a "c" we got an "e" ) :)

Back