• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - PC Demo on Jan. 28th

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I somewhat agree..... MW2 has the perfect hit to kill ratio going on.... 2 to 3 shots is all it should take with most weapons.... I'm finding that the pistol is the way to go in BC2 so far, it takes someone down in 3 most the time.

The thing with the CoD games, is although it is implemented a lot better...it also makes all the weapons practically the same.

Still, I think I've had enough for poor hit registration for 5+ years of BF2.

Maxed level and I have every weapon unlocked. The possible ones, anyways.
Still waiting on them to fix the friends list. I'm lucky if I log in and anyone is on it.

Steve, would you rather that or everyone use the final unlock for each class? Because I cant see a reason to ever use the first two unlocks for each class because the third is so much better. Just imagine the difference between the third and last unlock!

Also, how the HELL do you get a thompson?

I found the 2nd weapon to better for engineer, assault, 1st to be best for recon, and for medic I guess the 3rd weapon is best.

I'm on the line for canceling my preorder. The apache is just total crap, doesnt require to kill and is largely impossible to shoot down. He can just circle up high and no one can hit him with anything.

That and the fact that now people are now destorying bomb sites instantenously somehow.

Everytime I get the apache people shoot it down with the BMD now, it's annoying. And whenever I'm gunner the piilot crashes it right away.

And you can destroy the bomb sites by planting c4 on it, or taking a quad with c4 and running it into the m-com.

Or a UAV with C4 strapped onto it, that's always a good one.

I'm on the line for canceling my preorder. The apache is just total crap, doesnt require to kill and is largely impossible to shoot down. He can just circle up high and no one can hit him with anything.

That and the fact that now people are now destorying bomb sites instantenously somehow.

You gotta adapt man, dont cry about everything. I'll admit the Apache is too strong but this isnt a combat sim, go play PR or Arma 2 for that.

Last edited:
Everytime I get the apache people shoot it down with the BMD now, it's annoying. And whenever I'm gunner the piilot crashes it right away.

And you can destroy the bomb sites by planting c4 on it, or taking a quad with c4 and running it into the m-com.
We tried shooting it everything. If he flies high enough and isnt an idiot, he can just circle and stay out of attack angle for armor, and be impossible to hit with rpgs or anything like that.
That kind of gameplay where people put c4 on a quad and run it into the m-com is stupid and most probably unintentional. They made it so you can disarm the bomb after it has been activated for a reason. It beeps for like 30 seconds before it blows up to serve a gameplay purpose, not for ****s and giggles. When people start resorting to lame tactics like that kind of ruins the game.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Engineer gets a rocket that locks on without a tracer dart.

Does he? Maybe in the later unlocks but not in the beta thats for sure.

UAV can shut down the Apache permanently - it's missiles are on a faster timer. The Russian light tank also has pretty competent AA on it's back...its just that everyone seems to want to use it as anti-infantry. And the majority of the time, the Apache's going to end up crashed into the building in front of it - not that I would ever do such a thing :chair:. I've never seen a copter shut down a team myself :shrug:

As for C4ing the objectives...it's only really viable on the first part of the map. After that, they're too deep in for C4ing to be effective against a half-competent team. Even on the first map, it's defensible. Clearcut the A-side and nothing's sneaking by. On the B-ditch, either mines or a couple guys that can aim can shut down incoming quad-bikes. It's just too common a tactic now, so people are paying attention (unless, again, it's a bad team).

Anyway, I think I no longer suck after tonight. Game finally seemed to click for me. A good squad certainly helps alot in that regard.

UAV can shut down the Apache permanently - it's missiles are on a faster timer.

After being destroyed for an entire round by an apache I took to doing this myself. I park the UAV far out in the ocean in the direction of the Russian spawn point and launch the missiles about 10 seconds after the last apache died. By the time my missle hits, the new one has spawned, sometimes even with a free kill inside! I'm usually far enough out that no one even bothers looking, I guess they just dont look at who killed them or dont care that much.

The Russian light tank also has pretty competent AA on it's back...its just that everyone seems to want to use it as anti-infantry.

Or someone jumps in the drivers seat and drives it into the ocean or uses it as a personal taxi while you're trying to defend your team. That's happened...every time I try to use it for AA defense.

C4 on a quad? Haven't seen anyone on the 360 do that, sounds like fun! I usually just go straight to the objective in a tank, even over hills and stuff.

The first set of objectives are easy anyway, the house that A is in is easy to blow up (or come flying in with a quad and boomstick everyone in the face with. :D). Objective B is out in the open, just bring in a full tank to cover and you're good.

I ended up spending $3.00 for my beta key last night.... got to looking around and one site had 50% of there keys available... but you had to purchase a subscription from pay pal to get it.....

I did just that... $3.00 for one month.... got my Beta Key and then canceled my subscription through paypal...... I'm not sure if that's ethical, but it worked.....LOL

To me $3.00 is worth seeing how I am going to like the game.....
Where'd you spend the $3 at?

I just crash my UAV into the apache, nothing happens to my UAV but the apache flies back and crashes lol.

i hate that you can destroy walls in the game, but blow through the roof with the UAV to blow up a target...nope cant do it. I think they didnt think people would wanna do that. The last part of the map, the B point, ive tried a couple of times to blow through the roof to blow up the lil security point, it wont allow you to do it.

Yea I know what you mean, you also can't break the walls inside unless the place collapses.

Also, a couple things they said that's going to be in the full game
Higher textures
Direct X 11
And it's going to take 10 c4 to blow up the M-com stations

Yea I know what you mean, you also can't break the walls inside unless the place collapses.

Higher textures
Direct X 11

The beta already uses DX11, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few further tweaks/features released in the retail version.

You can break the walls on the inside, I've done so to get to an objective with the grenade launcher, or do you mean something else?

High resolution textures would be great, hopefully DICE will also listen to feedback and increase the FOV to 85-90.

Overall it's so much fun I don't even care if I lose because the teamwork it enables you to enact with mates is fantastic, although I wish they would raise the squad limit to 6. I have more fun playing this then I ever did playing BF2/2142 because it's so immersive.

Thank the stars there is the beta to tide me over until the retail release. UT3 couldn't have been uninstalled faster! :santa:

I just crash my UAV into the apache, nothing happens to my UAV but the apache flies back and crashes lol.

Someone flew a apache into me the other day on the 360, I had a pretty hard lol when that happened.

Higher textures
Direct X 11

I think they already patched the C4 thing on the 360, I can't stick C4 on a atv and blow the thing up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back