• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - PC Demo on Jan. 28th

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is that your disconnected arm on the left of your gun? does it not show up properly or did you somehow change your FOV?

I really wish DICE would invest some time into the netcode behind the BF series. The rubber-banding/jerkiness of BF2/2142 and now BC2 is just horrendous... worst on the game market. It makes you feel like you are constantly lagging, have 15fps, and your character is running on ice.

Oh good, it's not just me that's getting that. But for me I'm pretty sure it's lag.

thank god, was going to say, I haven't seen a dislocated arm like that since CS1.5-6/TFC

There's almost no US servers I can find that run Hardcore. And of course...they're always full.

Even international servers come up short.

There's almost no US servers I can find that run Hardcore. And of course...they're always full.

Even international servers come up short.

Thats the problem I'm facing too. I don't like how weak all the guns are in regular mode and want to test out a HC server. Hopefully more HC servers will start to pop up.

It seems like most of the hardcore servers were taken down yesterday. There are still a few up, but since I'm in Japan I usually ping 300+ to them, making it not even worth playing.

The lowest ping I've had all week is just over 120 and I still havent noticed any lag or rubber banding. Wait, scratch that, I did connect to one server that was lagging me out a bit but I just went to another one and was fine.

been playing the game a bit (almost level 6) few issues that I have been having is even after setting Bloom to false it still seems very... bloomy in-game. The other issue that I have is something is freaking out my graphics card between the water and some of the textures, anyone else have that issue with somewhat constant flickering/etc?

the bullet damage is appalling. Needing to shoot people over and over with tank-caliber bullets or sniper rifle shots (through the chest, no-less) is stupid. Also the range that knifing works while you pump bullets into people is bad.

been playing the game a bit (almost level 6) few issues that I have been having is even after setting Bloom to false it still seems very... bloomy in-game. The other issue that I have is something is freaking out my graphics card between the water and some of the textures, anyone else have that issue with somewhat constant flickering/etc?

the bullet damage is appalling. Needing to shoot people over and over with tank-caliber bullets or sniper rifle shots (through the chest, no-less) is stupid. Also the range that knifing works while you pump bullets into people is bad.

Apparently, between the PS3 and PC releases...one of the major updates reduced bullet damage for most weapons.

Apparently, between the PS3 and PC releases...one of the major updates reduced bullet damage for most weapons.

The oc beta was released based on older pre patch code. The devs have said this several times and thar weapon damage will be fixed upon release

I canceled my pre-order. I was hoping Bad Company 2 would be more like BF2 but I guess I'll have to wait for BF3.

You do know they have conquest and other maps in the full version, as well as massive damage and gameplay improvemets

The oc beta was released based on older pre patch code. The devs have said this several times and thar weapon damage will be fixed upon release
Seeing how it is a beta, I would generally expect them to be putting out patches and stuff to test it instead of just making it a buggy game demo, no?

Seeing how it is a beta, I would generally expect them to be putting out patches and stuff to test it instead of just making it a buggy game demo, no?

Agreed. The main reason I see a game company making a beta available to the public is to receive feedback on bugs and possible fixes that need to be done. How are we as technically beta testers supposed to report new bugs if we don't know which ones have already been fixed?

I am disappointed in BC2 and cancelled my preorder. I played all the COD games and used to play BF42 and never had anything that played this bad. IMHO they have a lot to fix.

Agreed. The main reason I see a game company making a beta available to the public is to receive feedback on bugs and possible fixes that need to be done. How are we as technically beta testers supposed to report new bugs if we don't know which ones have already been fixed?

Um.....just play the game? Its pretty obvious that they have already made changes to the Beta. The Alt-Tab steam overlay for example. If you see a bug that hasn't been fixed, then just tell EA about it anyway. https://www.combattesting.com/index...u need to log in before you can see that page.

I don't understand why so many people are ragging on this game. For me the game is ridiculously fun and delivers more than what any of the CODs ever could. Sometimes I think people complain just so because they can.

I've just got my refund from BF BC2 and going to see if Steam will let me have a refund on AVP because I've played the demo and that was a let down too -.-

Um.....just play the game? Its pretty obvious that they have already made changes to the Beta. The Alt-Tab steam overlay for example. If you see a bug that hasn't been fixed, then just tell EA about it anyway. https://www.combattesting.com/index...u need to log in before you can see that page.

I don't understand why so many people are ragging on this game. For me the game is ridiculously fun and delivers more than what any of the CODs ever could. Sometimes I think people complain just so because they can.

The problem is that minus the upgraded (yet buggy graphics and breakable environment) the game doesn't offer much more than what BF2, a 6-7 year old game offers. It isn't a comparison to COD, I like the idea of the BF games more than COD as I like flying/driving vehicles etc while playing, but I would say the game is worse than Battlefield 2 in its current incarnation, which I would like to see some patches (that apparently they already have yet are not deploying to testers - which is the most asinine thing) before I decide to buy a game over a single map/gametype. As far as I'm concerned people who per-ordered paid for a buggy demo, which makes me glad I got my beta key through fileplanet for free.

Um...cause I can't "just play the game"? I stated earlier the server browser doesn't work for me and the play now option always puts me in a server with a high ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back