• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - PC Demo on Jan. 28th

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there will be a demo when the game is ready. Look for it on the website starting March 2, 2010. PS3 and XBox 360 both have one. PC is just behind a little in the development stages - which was expected a bit because BF1943 came out on Consoles first. They have been rushing the PC developmentof BC2 ahead of BF1943 in order to get it out on time - and it seems it worked.
You mean what we are currently playing on the PC isn't a demo? The only sign of it being a beta is the beta waterspot in the top right corner of my screen. You would think in a beta test that they would be testing things, instead of saying 'here's the RC of the game, see you when it is released'.

You mean what we are currently playing on the PC isn't a demo? The only sign of it being a beta is the beta waterspot in the top right corner of my screen. You would think in a beta test that they would be testing things, instead of saying 'here's the RC of the game, see you when it is released'.
They are testing things, they have updated the beta several times since it was released and according to someone on the DICE team, they will have a bigger update sometime this week. Players are also testing things. There are pages and pages of bugs and suggestions on the EA UK forums, some very good stuff.

"Beta" makes bugs and stuff more excusable as it is often not the finished product. Whereas, people expect a Demo to essentially be a slice of the actual finished product.

Last edited:

They already fixed most of the bugs, and it's going into retail. Plus the beta version is i think 2 months older than the current version.

No, the PC version is not a Demo. Far from it. It uses low textures and is said to be a 4-6 month old build (they dug up an older build than the recent developer betas). Before the beta was even released, there were optimizations and video technology incorporated into release that weren't even part of the version we are playing now, and will not be until retail.

On a side note... free keys: http://www.fileplay.net/ (yes, it requires free registration - my brother just got his this morning)

Supposedly a beta patch should be coming out soonish. Apparently was today but is delayed.

No, the PC version is not a Demo. Far from it. It uses low textures and is said to be a 4-6 month old build (they dug up an older build than the recent developer betas). Before the beta was even released, there were optimizations and video technology incorporated into release that weren't even part of the version we are playing now, and will not be until retail.

On a side note... free keys: http://www.fileplay.net/ (yes, it requires free registration - my brother just got his this morning)
I guess I am just used to beta-testing MMOs and similar games where they are patched every week or two with patch notes of what is being changed to actually be fixing problems. When we are given a 6 month old build (derp) to 'test' after they have supposedly fixed all of these issues, then what was the point of giving us a 6 month old build, to then have some really glaring imbalances in it and broken features.

Also, from what I understand the 'patch' that was supposed to come out on tuesday was just back-end maintenance nothing client-side (although could be wrong).

And the worst part is that my pre-order from B&N for $20 was cancelled today :-(

I can't remember, I'm sure you can google for the info though.

Some people say 'not compatible with my hardware' or even something as simple as monetary problems or something like that.

Steam allowed me a refund, aswell as 3 of my friends.
You do it at https://support.steampowered.com/ -- Be sure to put enough information about purchasing details, and for the reason, put for example: "After playing the demo I have decided I would no longer like the game and I have a need for the money elsewhere." etc.

It's running a little better with the 10.2 drivers on radeon 5k series DX11. (DX9 actually runs worse on these cards, have been testing for over a week so far)

Not a huge difference though, maybe would be more noticeable on a quad-core, since my dual is a really big bottleneck in this game. Going to see how the final release runs next month. I'm liking this game enough to upgrade my CPU if necessary. Unless the full game turns out to somehow have worse gameplay than the beta.

Well beta is over and I have to say in retrospect I REALLY enjoyed this beta. After the fiasco of the first 1-2 weeks with all the issues was over, it really looked like a pretty nicely polished game.

The only thing I hope they fix with the retail release is to fix the still slightly choppy lag in the servers and add the K-D ratios to the scoreboard. Everything else I thought was pretty awesome!

I can't wait til it is out :)

It was fun, I actually played it daily. One map over and over should seem kind of boring but the game engine makes it have good replayability. I did want to learn as much as possible though.

One of my main complaints would be bullets need to travel a little faster; sniping any decent players who have half a clue to strafe (or run in zig-zag), is almost impossible/nearly luck based. But it's not game-breaking, I prefer playing assault or engi anyway (too many snipers on a team = lose) and it would also be more annoying if the sniper zerg on the other team hit me more often.

The other is that C4 should not do damage to M-COM stations, for very obvious reasons as anyone who played the beta has seen. Attacking is way too easy that way, if they don't remove this I'm gonna abuse the hell out of it in retail.

For anyone having performance issues with dual-cores, read this thread:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...l-core-vs-quad-core-real-life-comparison.html

Overclocking helps a bit but doesn't remove the CPU bottleneck. The only way to completely solve it in this game would be upgrading, unless they vastly redesign the game engine for retail version.

Thats Good, I haven't had a good FPS since 2142, COD series just sucks IMO. This will hopefully hold me over till BF3 comes out.

AIONS grind has ****ed me off that i need a break from it and NO good FPS are out there right now. ugggh

Well beta is over and I have to say in retrospect I REALLY enjoyed this beta. After the fiasco of the first 1-2 weeks with all the issues was over, it really looked like a pretty nicely polished game.

The only thing I hope they fix with the retail release is to fix the still slightly choppy lag in the servers and add the K-D ratios to the scoreboard. Everything else I thought was pretty awesome!

I can't wait til it is out :)

Same here. I can't believe how many people are wanting a refund for this game after playing the beta. :screwy:

I haven't played anything this fun since 2142.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back