• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - PC Demo on Jan. 28th

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this was technically a beta, not a demo. The good thing though is that the game will be out on Tuesday! Only 3 days away!

Ordered mine from Amazon with release date shipping.

PS3 version though... I don't have the proper setup to play on PC. (No blutooth for my headset etc...)

One of these days I'll get into the whole Xfire thing and get myself a decent monitor.

EA Store preloads started today. I'm about half way done downloading the game. I can't wait until it comes out on tuesday (I just wish I didn't have class until 10pm).

EA Store preloads started today. I'm about half way done downloading the game. I can't wait until it comes out on tuesday (I just wish I didn't have class until 10pm).

That must not include steam orders right? I know they did the same thing for LFD2.

Really hoping Steam has some sort of preload tomorrow. Doubt it, but I can hope. It'll be a witch to try and get it on Tuesday. Hopefully it's up early so I can start it before I leave for class and it'll be done when I get back.

HOPEFULLY!

I managed to get my hands on a copy a couple days before release and played through the single player (on PC) on Saturday and Sunday. The campaign was excellent, vehicle combat was fun and spread out pretty well. The enemies weren't super dumb, and the weapons all felt about right. If the damage/hit correction in the single player is in multiplayer then our complaints about that are taken care of.

The game lasted about 10 hours (felt about right) on normal, where I searched a bit for MCom stations to blow up and the unlockable weapons as you go through as well. My setup for most of the game was a 3-shot burst assault rifle + semi-auto sniper rifle in the other slot. It worked out perfectly well for all sitauations. I can't wait for the official release on Tuesday.

Although I'm a little saddened that there will be a Day1 DLC Map pack...

Performance-wise I didn't notice any stuttering at all playing with DX10 on medium/high settings across the board at 1920x1200 with my system in my sig.

Nice screenies. Does the game run a lot better than the beta?
I feel that it does. I wish I would have used FRAPS to get an FPS reading during beta and now, but it definitely feels smoother (maybe 5-10fps difference).

The performance between the BETA and final is night and day !

I have all MAX'ed no hblah whatever or bloom (dont like them) and i am now getting 70-80FPS. And the game looks/feels amazing.
I also set my FOV to 65 instead of 55.

I have all MAX'ed no hblah whatever or bloom (dont like them) and i am now getting 70-80FPS. And the game looks/feels amazing.
I completely forgot to edit my fov in the settings.ini in my my docs folder. I will do that when I get home and turn of bloom (no reason for it...). They definitely didn't lessen that, on my work pc I tested it out (lol 50mbit connection... but a pretty bad system [p4, 4gb of ram, 8400gs, etc) and with everything on low (and bloom turned off) it was still blinding on a couple maps that I logged into (not including the beta map).

That is a relief to hear. I was contemplating my system specs after it only ran smoothly on all low settings on 1900 x 1200. Cant wait to try it tonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back