• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - PC Demo on Jan. 28th

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Browser didnt work for me initially, but after the first update it now works...it just takes forever to load the list.

Thank god the actual load times are quick as hell.

Game doesn't have that BF2 feel but the potential for a great game is here. The game still needs a lot of updates to fix bugs and such but guess what ? Its a beta it suppose to !

I am keeping my order and backing Dice on this one.

The bloom will not be half as bad on other maps. This is a snow map and is intended to have that feeling of being "too bright" because of the glare effect. This was discussed by an official rep.

I hear there may be 16 maps on release? The more I play this, the more I enjoy it. The action is intense, which is something I could appreciate in COD. Those 1 hour sessions were worth it. Tons of squad experiences to talk and laugh about just after a few hours of play.

Don't be too quick to compare to BF3. It is not intended to replace it. That game is in production. It would be like saying Diablo 3 fails because it is not a good WoW expansion. This is intended to be COD - DICE edition. Enjoy it as such or just wait for BF3. I'm sure it will deliver :)

I love it so far. Was playing and got in a squad with 3 other members of a clan. Talked to a few of them and have been playing with them a lot. Decided to join them and two nights ago we were in a 16 man hardcore server, 8 of us vs 8 pub guys, was INSANELY fun. Granted we had ventrilo and more coordination, but was still wicked fun. Game has tremendous potential, and I think that the final version is gonna turn some heads.

Anyone have a beta serial key? I pre ordered form Best Buy bc I had a gift certificate but nothing about a serial key.

Anyone have a beta serial key? I pre ordered form Best Buy bc I had a gift certificate but nothing about a serial key.

in store or online? If they are like Gamestop, you only get the beta key from pre-ordering ONLINE.

Game doesn't have that BF2 feel but the potential for a great game is here. The game still needs a lot of updates to fix bugs and such but guess what ? Its a beta it suppose to !

I am keeping my order and backing Dice on this one.

doesnt have that BF2 feel? U kiddin? BF2 was plagued with bugs and crashes and giant patches...you should feel right at home. In fact, it feels the exact same, i used to play BF2 when it first came out - remember how you couldnt hit anything with the SAW unless you were 1 foot away :)? Then when the patches started rolling out to fix simple issues i started up again and got hooked. I expect the same from EA on this'n

Do agree though i think its got potential. And hopefully they fix most of the beta issues.

What do we know about support for tripple core cpus? I know that the Xbox 360 makes use of the three cores, but I'm wondering how good of a deal the Phenom x3's would be for those looking at a PC upgrade for this game.

A friend is considering an upgrade, and the Phenom x3 would leave extra $$ in order for him to invest in the 5770 HD rather than the 5750. Any feedback is appreciated. :)

I will be royally ****ed if they BF:Heroes the game and make XPboosts/etc all purchasable with RL money.

In case some people still do not realize this, it is technically a sequel to Bad Company...NOT Battlefield 2. That's why there is a Battlefield 3 in the works. This looks to be what will tide me over until that comes out....at least a year from the release of BFBC2.

Headshot on Apache pilot, finally. Been trying to do this for 2 days, damn it's hard... annoyingly slow bullet travel.. in my experience IRL bullets travel faster than in this game, don't know what's the point of trying to be realistic when they can't get it right, heh. My only big complaint so far, other than the disconnects.

Yay for EA with this the day it first comes out!! And most people thought activision was the greediest company.

http://connectedconsoles.com/ps3-Ba...tore-Additional-Content-Available-Day-One.cfm

I don't mind that they look to be profitable as long as the base product I preordered is not diminished by subsequent marketing gimmicks. If somebody wants to pay $10 to get an AK-47 unlock, that's fine. Just don't make it better than what I can unlock myself with the standard game - then it starts to smell of misleading consumers at the time of purchase.

If BC2 is patched like BF2, it has the potential to become something worth much more than its price-tag to me personally. I usually stick to one or two great games and play them for a few years. I end up paying like $0,15 an hour to play. If that's not entertainment buck for your dollar, I don't know what is... (certainly not my cable bill or popcorn at the movies). I would rather pay $150 for a great game, than pay $5 for 90% of the titles that are released.

Maybe this has already been answered, but has anyone received an invite to the beta from the EA website. When I signed up for the news letter it said I would be notified by e-mail if I am selected to join the beta.

I don't like the idea of having to preorder a game just to play in a beta. If I am assisting a company with testing their product then I should not have to pay anything. Even if you want to classify it as a demo. You still should not have to pay to try a game out. I long for the good old days when people put out demos for their games. I hate spending my hard earned money on something I have no clue if I will like. That is the main reason I normally wait for games to drop in price before I get them.

Maybe this has already been answered, but has anyone received an invite to the beta from the EA website. When I signed up for the news letter it said I would be notified by e-mail if I am selected to join the beta.

I don't like the idea of having to preorder a game just to play in a beta. If I am assisting a company with testing their product then I should not have to pay anything. Even if you want to classify it as a demo. You still should not have to pay to try a game out. I long for the good old days when people put out demos for their games. I hate spending my hard earned money on something I have no clue if I will like. That is the main reason I normally wait for games to drop in price before I get them.

I'm sure there will be a demo when the game is ready. Look for it on the website starting March 2, 2010. PS3 and XBox 360 both have one. PC is just behind a little in the development stages - which was expected a bit because BF1943 came out on Consoles first. They have been rushing the PC developmentof BC2 ahead of BF1943 in order to get it out on time - and it seems it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back