• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500 *****$99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how about a retail barton 2500+ from accupc for $107 w/shipping
They have a nice resellerrating. However they do have 20 or less reviews in past 6 months.
I think I might get one. I hear they will oc about the same as a t-bred b? Around 2.1-2.4ghz?

air cooling will get u 2.1 or 2.2. I found a watercooling kit for the cpu at computergeeks.com for about $80
ANyone had any experiences with this and would it be better than my current vantec aeroflow by a large enough margin to consider buying it?
Thanks

a barton 2500 can hit 2.4ghz on air. i know someone that did it using a vantec aeroflow

trdsw20 said:
What she doesnt know wont hurt!!!

You know......that's true and even when she does find out she can't stay mad for too long! :D :D

efini said:
Interesting thread guys. Please keep us updated if you get your Barton as advertised and the stepping code of course.

-efini

Ohhh...........you better believe it, if I have any problems I'll post right away.
It's not supposed to ship until monday.

With newegg now selling this same chip for $107 shipped, I doubt most people will see the $8 difference as worth it.

edit: actually I didn't see the $10 shipping from these guys, now its a no-brainer.

I know for sure if I was buying one I'd get it from newegg.

Isn't it $109 cause shipping is $10?

Re Newegg shipping: Special Free FedEx Saver Shipping

you can get most things from newegg for free shipping. Its the $5 heatsink that they charge $8 to ship :rolleyes:

Why are the prices dropping so quickly? I am almost tempted to buy a second one for my other machine.

until someone has decent overclocks(higher than 2.3ghz), I don't see why I should change. Does the l2 cache make that much of a difference in everyday use anywyas?

Back