• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best MS OS? Worth a poll?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Best Microsoft Desktop OS

• Windows 3.1

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Windows 95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 98 SE

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Windows ME

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Windows 2000

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • Windows Vista SP1+

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 68 62.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted 7 because the poll title says desktop OS.

Windows 2000 was better, but was also more server-like, IMO.

Depending on the hardware... But, with the best hardware of the time, I'd have to go with Windows 7. Seems to be the most stable, feature rich OS released thus far.

Hands down Windows 7. I was not a fan of XP, and I did not like Vista either. XP felt too light and like it was lacking, Vista had some of the features i wanted, but then again, was not exactly up to par with my performance and compatibility needs. Windows 7 ties in both issues very well.

As much as I enjoy Windows 7, I have to say Windows 2k is my favorite. I only run XP 64 because of Punkbuster issues with 7. :(

The reason I like 2000 so much is because, if your machine had Win98, it could almost run 2000(and much better). I installed the copy of Windows 2000 Professional on a 500 mhz K6-2 machine with 512 PC133 ram and that thing FLEW!! I would use that for all my browsing needs. ;)

So yeah Windows 2000 for me :)

I voted XP. Only because I haven't had the chance to use Vista (which I heard isn't the greatest) or Windows 7 (which I have heard is a pretty nice O/S). I'll claim that I am just being nostalgic :)

I loved XP because of using it sooooo long that I was attached to it. Vista was great for me, and 7 for me is the Mojave project. It is the same exact thing just finally working well with slightly improved GUI.

Hmm, seems reasonable to me that W7 beats XP 3:1 but this is a high tech site so that doesn't surprise me at all. I'm still confused why others still want to degrade their pre-installed OS machines to XP, not because they have to spend big bucks to upgrade their soft/hard ware, just because they don't like it.:rolleyes::shrug:

It is a very small learning curve IMO. :comp:

Back