• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Body

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Humm I didnt notice, but yes.

Drop the base I love the ultra high res pics man, but lots of people here on the forum are surfing from slow connections or smaller screens. We appreciate if you would resize your images. I generally run mine through image shack because it has a good batch upload tool. You can set it to resize everything to something more like 1024x768 web optimized and it will significantly save on file size, and load times in the thread.

ty :D lol my little work llano is a turd and only has 4gb's of ram with 512 reserved for video

Jesus H Creest. The amount of pics is excessive. The pics need deleted, 95% of them.

You want a build log after we are done, great. Make one.

It takes a long time and pics are broke to even load.

We can take a pretty tour of your pics later. I just give up to help in this thread due to the massive pics etc.

I think you should set the 2 fans on top and the 3 fans outside your case to pull instead of push. That would seem like the ideal airflow to me...:shrug:

Number of pics is good, but I also have a 50Mb/s download speed :D

Great pics but unforunetly the pics after Post #10 are broken links. I got fast internet which isn't a issues loading it all but for some reason they are dead.

Woah I did not realize so many people would have trouble viewing this thread (I have no problems viewing it on my modest laptop/internet connection). I sincerely apologize. I'll try to resize them again.

I'm surprised the links are broken since they all just link to my album on this forum.

10 Lashings!!! :D

I think many folks just have a slower connection. I revise my photos to 800/600 before adding them.

Woah I did not realize so many people would have trouble viewing this thread (I have no problems viewing it on my modest laptop/internet connection). I sincerely apologize. I'll try to resize them again.

I'm surprised the links are broken since they all just link to my album on this forum.

Attachments

• kotcs-whip.jpg
    kotcs-whip.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I have a plenty fast connection.

Most of the pics need deleted. Edit it.

We have a place for build logs. Make a build log. Put them there.

You just didn't know and was excited. No worries.

The delidding process is interesting. You should post those as a separete post, it is informative. But put in disclaimers that you can ruin the CPU.

I think you should set the 2 fans on top and the 3 fans outside your case to pull instead of push. That would seem like the ideal airflow to me...:shrug:

So I spent some time thinking about this before I settled on my current configuration. It came down to two reasons:

1. Having the fans in their current configuration always ensures a supply of "cold" outside air to the radiators.

2. I read somewhere that high static pressure fans were most effective in the push configuration (and there is no room for the fans to go under the top radiator).

However, I could definitely have imagined going the route you suggest, since the airflow would at least have a somewhat continuous direction.

You may also want to know about this radiator bracket from Koolance. There are also brackets from XSPC and others that may relieve stress on the radiator port threads but I have not used those models so cannot say for sure.

If you want to open up those water-cooling holes in the back of the case, I used this bit on a power drill on my case. You may need to rent/borrow a drill but it cuts through steel like a warm knife through butter.

Once the tubing holes in back of the case are bigger, you can route external tubing easier. Grommets are optional because you can sand the holes and leave it metal. It won't cut the tubing if you sand it or Dremel it with a burr piece. Molding can be used if it still seems sharp. Good luck. :)

Back