• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boards compaired NCCH-DL / PC-DL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FCT it

dustybyrd said:
please, do tell...i'm always interested in a good mod :cool:

What I did was drill a 1/4" hole all the way through the Northbridge heatsink(Top to bottom:~)... and run my FCT copper tube through it... I'll have to post a picture at my site... it seems to have worked like a charm...

I have heatsinks coming from Asus for the chips by CPU1 (really a hot spot on this mobo)... when I get one of those on it, it should do nothing but help... especially FCT'd... :)

I think that I can get a little more out of this RAM... my timings are 2.5/8/4/4 right now(SPD)... I'm gonna make sure all is completely stable at current settings before I go for more...

Right now, I'm rockin' UT2k4... blastin'... :cool: :burn:

I always wondered if better cooling on the northbridge would help out this board...

The stock heatsink on my NCCH is too hot to touch for long. I never got around to cooling it better though...

Albigger said:
I always wondered if better cooling on the northbridge would help out this board...

The stock heatsink on my NCCH is too hot to touch for long. I never got around to cooling it better though...

I think there is value in this. I took the stocker off and replaces the bubble gum with AS5. Before I couldn't run 200FSB stable with any multi, and after I got 200FSB stable up to 14x multi. Still not a great OC but I got my 200FSB.

Somedays I'll swap to watercooling, have an idea how I want to mount the rad already, to get the heat from the chips outta there, which should help a lot.
I've also been thinking of when I got to water cooling to water cool the video card, northbridge, and both VRMs. Doubt I'll ever get that far, but its always nice to dream.

Albigger said:

Usually its not needed. Sometimes a fan is all you need blowing in that dirrection.

If one were to upgrade Id go with the Swiftec MCX159. I think water cooling might be a tad over kill.

diehrd said:
Great to see the results,,And for VRM cooling all i had to do to keep it under controll is apply Artic cilver,And put a fan on it :)

17x216 Is where my MO chips run at i can run at 245x15 as well but have issues to work out with the person who devised the way to run such a high FSB..If I can get it sorted out I am going to be simply amazed..

What was the stock interface between your VRM heatsink and the VRMs? At a glance mine looks like some weird very thick foamish pad or something?? :confused:

Been meaning to take it off and measure it and use AS forever now =(

edit----

oh yeah I have an extra pomona grabber. Guess I should put it up in the classifieds. :)

jamesavery22 said:
What was the stock interface between your VRM heatsink and the VRMs? At a glance mine looks like some weird very thick foamish pad or something?? :confused:

Been meaning to take it off and measure it and use AS forever now =(

edit----

oh yeah I have an extra pomona grabber. Guess I should put it up in the classifieds. :)

Yeah, its the bubble gum stuff.

A grabber isn't going to be of much use, if any, on this MB.

{PMS}fishy said:
Yeah, its the bubble gum stuff.

A grabber isn't going to be of much use, if any, on this MB.

I meant the grabber for anyone else thats lookin for one :) bought a second one by accident and its been sitting on my desk for awhile. Been too busy to sell it

Gemini is back on line!

I'm running 16x233 presently...

I burned up something on the other motherboard and got a new one... the new one had both the aluminum heatsinks for the power chips for each CPU(like they're all supposed to:~)...

I FCT'ed em both... and the northbridge... and the southbridge... and the video card while I was at it... I couldn't figure out a real good looking way to do the RAM, so I jUSt didn't... :rolleyes:

We're kickin' butt so far... new record for me at PCMark04... :)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm04=2989049

CRFIII said:
I'm running 16x233 presently...

I burned up something on the other motherboard and got a new one... the new one had both the aluminum heatsinks for the power chips for each CPU(like they're all supposed to:~)...

I FCT'ed em both... and the northbridge... and the southbridge... and the video card while I was at it... I couldn't figure out a real good looking way to do the RAM, so I jUSt didn't... :rolleyes:

We're kickin' butt so far... new record for me at PCMark04... :)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm04=2989049

congrats!

but, that looks like Diehard's score (which is also impressive)

meh
cpuZ_6-22-05.jpg

cpuZboard_6-22-05.jpg

:confused:
the RAM timmings in sig arent right, its 3-3-3-8. tried 2.5 but windowz crashed after ~30min while running my usual 2 instances of FAH while surfing the web. Likely due to cooling which im working on now. this is on weak air blowing across coolermaster 3U passive sinks. the NB is nearly too hot to touch atm, another issue I indend to fix with these neat little counter rotating fans. Hope to get either 16x200 or ram to 2.5 after all this fiddling. either way rather nice for me given its pretty close to silent.

*edit hey CRFII you live in pueblo? got a few rather large clients down there :)

*edit2* my only beef with this board (and its quite large of one) is that there is no temp monitoring software that works on it :mad: I mean whats the point making a board that doesn't? :shrug:
and I just did a little poking around and I'm wondering,according to Asus' site, the PC-DL supports PC2700 RAM while the ncch-dl supports up to PC3200 that seems like a harsh limitation to me for stock settings, no?

Last edited:
Back