• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a Folding Farm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
100 million in under a year.

You're doing something that many of us only dream of doing.

Congrats to you and thanks for choosing the right team :)

:beer::grouphug:

Edit: Dude; avg, bing and mywebsearch(spyware) toolbars... how do you live!?! +1 for calculator on the taskbar though!

Last edited:
Never say no to a new search tool bar! IE probably uses 200 MB just loading the all the toolbars, before a page is loaded.

:beer:

do you need any battery backups for those? I just bought some APC 1400 rack mount units without batteries. shipping would be a bit expensive, but cheaper than shipping them with new batteries. And all three units have the smart management modules installed. Two have 9606 and the other has a 9617. LMK if you are interested, I don't fold anymore, but I am willing to help contribute to the team.

Last edited:
:attn: Congrats. You're my inspiration to look into CPU folding. After dabbling with it, I completely switched over to CPU folding and started to get rid of all my GPU.

do you need any battery backups for those? I just bought some APC 1400 rack mount units without batteries. shipping would be a bit expensive, but cheaper than shipping them with new batteries. And all three units have the smart management modules installed. Two have 9606 and the other has a 9617. LMK if you are interested, I don't fold anymore, but I am willing to help contribute to the team.

Dont run a battery backup. I have all my boxes set up to go right back to folding when power is restored. I am shut down at the time because of heat but should be firing back up shortly.

Dont run a battery backup. I have all my boxes set up to go right back to folding when power is restored. I am shut down at the time because of heat but should be firing back up shortly.

You had me scared bro!

I seen the reply on my phone(email sub) and seen "I'm not folding anymore" and thought you said it and was like:facepalm: then got :cry:.

But now I'm:clap::rofl:

Ok I'm done for the night

Yup, the heat here in Texas has been *INSANE* as well.

Heats been a problem all over the US. The weather here in AZ had cooled the past couple weeks, but just spiked again this week into the 100's. The AC unit in my apartment can't keep up with the heat demands, and I had to shut a couple machines down so that the AC can keep it "relatively" cool. Hopefully, the weather lets up and I can get the machines back online. Gotta do my best to close the gap to stfu, before he gets rolling again.

Ahh my arch-nemesis. Seriously this has been a crazy hot summer in Colorado. Hottest in many many years.
:salute: Reporting for duty! :)

In Dallas, we were three days away from breaking a damn 30-year record for the 100+ weather. It's been insane everywhere this year. :(

Heats been a problem all over the US. The weather here in AZ had cooled the past couple weeks, but just spiked again this week into the 100's. The AC unit in my apartment can't keep up with the heat demands, and I had to shut a couple machines down so that the AC can keep it "relatively" cool. Hopefully, the weather lets up and I can get the machines back online. Gotta do my best to close the gap to stfu, before he gets rolling again.
I feel ya...we're on the 3rd floor, and our windows face west. It gets very, very toasty in our apartment. Had to get a window unit to compensate for the load...

-JT

subscribed, don't know how I could have missed this thread until now

SFU, thanks so much for the inspiration. It really got some ideas churning in my head.

Back