• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a Folding Farm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No. Not since the 20th of January.

I sent him a PM, but have received no reply yet.

I do worry for people plowing 2, 5, 10 thousand dollars into hardware for FaH. One short notice change to the rules and your return on investment plummets. Definitely only a project for those with cash to burn.

That's why I don't build folding rigs. I just build workstations/PCs with folding in mind. I've seen too many people get left behind at the alter so to speak.

I do worry for people plowing 2, 5, 10 thousand dollars into hardware for FaH. One short notice change to the rules and your return on investment plummets. Definitely only a project for those with cash to burn.

Well, not all folding donors (and team philosophies) tend to adhere to a defined set of best practices. Case in point, here and now here. Even to the point of espousing and condoning violations of HP Cloud Services terms of service by a DAB rep.

Wow... thanks for that Mac. There's some good folks at OCN but there are obviously some things that go on there that are less than honorable. I'm so glad that attitude doesn't fly around here.

[Ubuntu] A Linux N00B's Guide to Running -bigadv (and big -bigadv) on x6 and 2500k
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb424 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2500k is not hyperthreaded. Why fake 8 cores?
so you can download -bigadv projects.
That's BS!

Reminds me, I need to set my HP thing up.

The reason I put was: "testing of distributed computing applications".

Well with all the account abuse, I wonder if they will just kick everyone running DC clients off. Even the one who aren't abusers/thieves.

I don't think HP will care - it ticks the load-testing part of the beta program, I suppose it does just limit the number of 'unique users' they are reaching with it.

I don't think HP will care - it ticks the load-testing part of the beta program, I suppose it does just limit the number of 'unique users' they are reaching with it.

that wouldn't surprise me very much, then again they can probably see pretty easily by checking IPs who's connecting to a bunch of acounts

Back