• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burn In Period

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No way. When I did my burn in I used a 1.9v vcore and I made sure my temps were below 50C. Just make sure you check up on it regularly. It takes a lot of time and voltage to fry a chip. I wouldn't be worried with the 1.8v thing, when I run mine at 2450Mhz, I have to use a vcore of 1.825v to make it stable, and when I run 2505Mhz, I have to keep the vcore up at 1.875v.

It does pick up instability quick, bur your CPU has to be way out of spec for it to pick it up. 3DMark is mostly a benchmark for your GPU, and it doesn't stress the CPU the way that the CPU intensive stress tests do.

I let it burn in overnight at stock settings and 1.85 V-core, but it didn't raise the threshhold any. Still maxes out at 207x11.5, which I'm not complaining about considering it's aircooled. I'll be buying my first watercooling system in short order though:D

I just want to point out that you can still fry a chip with too much vcore and have nice temps...

granted cool=more, there is always a limit

Back