• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call of Duty World at War in windowed mdoe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

Hey guys, I just got this game on steam and I want to run it in a window so I can actually play it and not worry about my chats behind it. I read theres a way to run it by altering the shortcut file but my short cut file is the steam one which is different from a retail disk install. Anyone have any suggestions? I also read the command console but I cant even get it to come up in the steam version.

None of those options seem to work, neither does the alt enter. Maybe its cause its the steam version?

hmm try this one in launch option

-window

if not try this

Find your profile data in your My Documents folder, open up the config file for either multi player or single player and change the line that says

seta r_fullscreen "1"

to

seta r_fullscreen "0"

What would the name of that file be? I dont have any profile data in my documents. Sorry for being so difficult to deal with. I tried looking in the CoD folder but I am clueless. Nothing says profiles that I can see in there or in my documents.

i am not sure i just found that on a forum, someone also said to try putting this into console

/r_fullscreen 0

/vid_restart

Yeah I saw that too but I cant even get into console. Console is universally the ` key right?

Back