• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant get anything out of 2.8C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigss

Heres my rig
P4 2.8C
P4800-E Deluxe
4 x 256 corsair cmx3200c2 @ 2-3-3-6
9800 pro
500 watt enermax psu

when i try to increase my fsb by even as little as 5, i get a bios error about overclocking error :bang head i think its the memory that i put in because it was a pretty good ocer before i put in the 3rd and 4th stick...

definitely the memory, for best overclocking, picking one memory module to use is the best. more memory models hinder your OC since the worst module in the 4 will cause a crash even though other can go higher. Also, you have to use 2T when you have 4DIMMS which decreases performance significantly.

damn... well i changed the ratio to 5:4 and now im running 3.2 stable(from what i can see so far...) 30C idle and 40C load....

damn... well after some more testing, its definately the memory... i think ill sell all of it and buy me some new memory... time to start hunting the cyber deals...

Yeah, 4 sticks will kill the OC most times. 5:4 mode is the way to go for a lot of 2.8c's. If you get ram get either BH5 or Samsung TCCD 512MB sticks and it should allow you to use more of your cpu.

I have the same ram

I have the same ram as you 4xCMX256a-3200C2, I have 2x v4.1 and 2xv6.1. I was able to obtain 230FSB 1:1--- 2.5-4-3-7 stable for 24+ hrs of 2xPrime 95 and MemTest86. But let me tell you, I went through so many different configurations, it has taken me 2 months to achieve 230 FSB 1:1.

Edit: I forgot to tell you what I did to fix it...lol, my memory is going, no pun intended.

Anyway, I put the ram in the slots in the order I wanted them and then I ran Sandra Burn In Wizard memory benchmark 12hrs a day for a week. Worked magic.

Last edited:
Back