• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Case Decision (4 options :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

Finally getting a new case. I've narrowed it down to the following four, ranging in price from $25 to $70. I know cases are a terribly personal decision, but just wanted to see if anyone had specific experience with any of these and could recommend one in particular. Anyone know anything about the included fans in any of these? Loud? Effective?

My criteria, by the way: mid-tower-ish, full ATX, removeable HDD bays, <$70 shipped, cable management, USB 3.0 up front

RAIDMAX AEOLUS ATX-818WB - ugliest of the bunch in my opinion, but only $25 shipped (AR) and has the feature set I'm after

Corsair Carbide 300R - I feel like this is the best value at $50 (AR and promo)

Enermax Hoplite - $70 and the only advantages I see over the Corsair are the rubber-ringed grommets and the exterior color (I like the idea of a non-black case?)

Fractal Design Arc Midi - $70, rubberized grommets, buddy got the mini version and I like it, but it's probably 3rd-4th on the list because of price.

My current ranking on these is: Corsair, Enermax, Fractal, Raidmax

THANKS!

Last edited:
I agree with your ranking. I wouldn't consider the Raidmax at all. Corsair is a very good brand. You can't go wrong with that one.

I was looking at the 300R as well, but found the 500R on sale for $69.99AR from Newegg just a few weeks ago. If you're not in a hurry, I would wait just a bit longer, in hopes of finding a deal on a slightly larger case with better features.

If you're wanting to purchase sooner rather than later, the 300R is a solid choice, and I'd agree with your ranking.

I'd go with either the Midi R2 or the 300R, and since I won't rely on mail-in rebates I would probably choose the Midi R2. Without the MIR the cases are the same price, but I prefer the Midi R2 feature set.

Okay, thanks guys. I'll do some more reading on the 300R and Fractal Arc Midi and make a decision.

I think the 3x140mm PWM "silent" PWM fans on the Fractal might have just convinced me :)

EDIT: Does Newegg have a nerfed version of the midi R2 or are the pics/description out of date? Theirs is showing 1x180mm exhaust and I only see 1 fan in the pics?

Thanks I hadn't seen that review yet (OCF reviews need to turn up higher on the list of Google results ;))

I'm guessing the newegg pics/description are out of date/for the earlier revision of the case?

I don't know where NewEgg got their specs... they say 1x180mm fan. Both the Midi R1 and R2 had 3 fans included and a fan controller.

Well I'll just assume it's a DB typo. Ordering the Fractal :)

Thanks again, everyone.

Back